NGD Suhr Modern T Satin

Gtrsolo350

Inspired
Just got this Suhr in yesterday. It's my first Suhr, purchased through Reverb. Has a few dings and a spot where pick wear took off a little finish but overall great shape.
It's a replacement for my ESP LTD AS-1FR. That is an amazing LP shape but super heavy and I've been wanting to try out a GOTOH 510.
Contacted Suhr by email yesterday asking what type of oil to use on the spot where the finish has worn off and they got back to me the same day. Great CS!

IMG_3203.jpg
IMG_3204.jpg
IMG_3205.jpg

Hi,

They are both Reverb/eBay finds. The one on the right I have the specs from the Reverb listing:

Lacello guitars modern telecaster
Mahogany body
Set wenge neck with roasted flamed maple fretboard 24 jumbo stainless frets
Roasted flamed maple top
Hipshot open gear locking tuners
Hipshot fixed bridge
Graphtec blacktusq nut
Bareknuckle old guard(alnico 2) single coil neck
Bareknuckle old guard(alnico 2) bridge pickup
3 way toggle , 550k bareknuckle push/pull volume pot
1 Tone
Black Side dots
Wenge control cavity cover
12 to 16 compound radius

The one on the left I have had for longer and I don't recall as much about. It has a walnut body and solid rosewood neck, bolt on, Stew Mac pickups. Doesn't get played often - it has been "on deck" for a pickup swap for about 5 years or so lol. Pretty sure it was somebody's parts-caster.

Last edited:
How many springs?

If there are 3, I'd start by removing 1.

You will probably need to loosen the spring claw screws.

Its a fun balancing act of tuning and loosening. Not really fun ;)

Aim to get the base plate parallel to the top of the guitar.
I have also gone the other way and added a spring and then loosened the claw. It depends on how much resistance and how much "bonk" you prefer.

Once it's floating, you may also want to go back and double-check intonation.

Just got this Suhr in yesterday. It's my first Suhr, purchased through Reverb. Has a few dings and a spot where pick wear took off a little finish but overall great shape.
It's a replacement for my ESP LTD AS-1FR. That is an amazing LP shape but super heavy and I've been wanting to try out a GOTOH 510.
Contacted Suhr by email yesterday asking what type of oil to use on the spot where the finish has worn off and they got back to me the same day. Great CS!

View attachment 117466
View attachment 117467
View attachment 117468
Nice guitar, congrats!

Yup, Suhr support is really good.

View attachment 117466
View attachment 117467
View attachment 117468
Nice!

How many springs?

Yeah. Quarter turn on the claw screws and check tuning until it comes up flat, then another quarter turn and retune until it balances again, and you'll have just a bit of float. Want more float? Do another quarter turn and retune until it's as jacked up as you want it.... :)

How many springs?

3 springs. This kind of setup is not my favorite part of guitar playing... But I usually just put on a good album and take my time.

Quarter turn on the claw screws and check tuning until it comes up flat, then another quarter turn and retune until it balances again, and you'll have just a bit of float.
Thanks

My Suhr is set to float.
You might need to raise the trem studs a little and then balance the trem so it is parallel to the body.
Adjust action accordingly.
Thanks, I think you’re right. Looking closely at it, seems I will need to back the studs out a bit too.

Thanks, I think you’re right. Looking closely at it, seems I will need to back the studs out a bit too.
Note that the studs have a locking set screw in the bottom.

After you raise the studs, be sure to tighten them up to help with tuning stability.

It takes a small Allen wrench down the center of the post - I think 1.5mm but not 100%.

And make sure to loosen them if you need to lower the studs.

Back
Top Bottom