NGD: Schecter Nick Johnston Traditional HSS

AlbertA

Fractal Fanatic
I found this used Schecter Nick Johnston Traditional HSS at a local shop for $599.

Just a small ding on the top, a tiny crack in the neck pocket - didn't look like anything to worry about.
The guitar was already set up and feels great to play, I don't feel like I have to adjust a single thing here. Action is fantastic, no buzzing anywhere, looks like great fretwork. Maybe it's the honey moon phase, but I don't feel like I have to do a single thing to this guitar (already has a graphtech nut and locking tuners).

A brief demo:

IMG_2108(1).jpgIMG_2109(1).jpgIMG_2110(1).jpg

I found this used Schecter Nick Johnston Traditional HSS at a local shop for $599.

Just a small ding on the top, a tiny crack in the neck pocket - didn't look like anything to worry about.
The guitar was already set up and feels great to play, I don't feel like I have to adjust a single thing here. Action is fantastic, no buzzing anywhere, looks like great fretwork. Maybe it's the honey moon phase, but I don't feel like I have to do a single thing to this guitar (already has a graphtech nut and locking tuners).

A brief demo:

View attachment 123019View attachment 123018View attachment 123017

Nice playing!

I have been eyeballing the SSS version of this guitar but haven't pulled the trigger yet. At $599 you got a good deal and I think it's pretty hard to pass up for a grab and go that you don't have to worry too much about putting a ding in it. I also like the 1 volume 1 tone and the side jack! How's the neck feel?

Nice playing!

I have been eyeballing the SSS version of this guitar but haven't pulled the trigger yet. At $599 you got a good deal and I think it's pretty hard to pass up for a grab and go that you don't have to worry too much about putting a ding in it. I also like the 1 volume 1 tone and the side jack! How's the neck feel?

It’s a thin neck (not as thin as my Charvel) with flat radius, so great for shredding and fast runs.
It feels great - not painted so not sticky.

Agree, excellent playing and tone. Congrats on guitar. You had a good few days of guitar acquisitions.

Curious where the tones were coming from and if it was Fractal were you using Dyna Cabs?

Congrats and nice clips. I bought the SSS version of this in pink over a year ago and it's definitely a keeper. I'm really pleased with the single coil pickups and was wondering how the stock humbucker sounds on the SSH. Your clip answers that question...it sounds great!

I've been eyeing these for awhile. How hot are the single coils and are they balanced well with the humbucker?
very well balanced I would say. Probably a little hotter than a normal single coil but that stuff doesn't matter with the Axe-Fx (since you can control level at any place in the grid).

Really wish I could play one, none around here I can find. I've had a big HSS itch lately, these seem like a pretty great reasonably priced option.

I wanted to hijack this thread a little to gush about my new acquisition. I've wanted to try one for a long time. I saw Sweetwater had a demo model at a discount, wife said yes, so here she is. Color me impressed! Reminds me of a Suhr on a budget. It feels great, sounds great, and it didn't break the bank. Some day down the road, I might try some noiseless pickups for the neck and middle, but it sounds great as is.
Schecter NJ HSS.jpg

Back
Top Bottom