NGD - Schecter C-1 FR SLS Elite Electric Guitar Black Fade Burst

And those who like and prefer them, what are they supposed to do? I have a guitar with a Floyd type trem, non-blocked, and it's one of my favorites. I've passed on many guitars because they didn't have a trem.

Better alternatives? Some swear on Kahlers, some on the ibanez patented ones. There are many better ones out there, but the bog standard FR is always on everything.

I am tempted by the C-1 SLS shape ans similar... was thinking about trying out a Red Reign Apocalypse. The Sustainiac pickup might be a bonus too.

To the OP... how does the neck feel?
The neck and the whole guitar feel like butter! I would swear it's at least a $3000+ guitar! I'm not affected that much between a pretty broad range of neck carves, but this one is like driving a sports car instead of riding a bicycle...

I like the feel of the 1500 Floyd...
I only have one other Floyd guitar and it's a PRS SE CU24 Floyd Rose with a set of \m/ a buddy of mine gave me from his core PRS Floyd because he wanted different pickups.

You don't do hard tail? I prefer it. I've got two now with trems, but don't use it that much.

Don't get me wrong; I prefer hard tail for tone, but I'm always reaching for the bar no matter what. I just gotta make the pitch go down as well as up. The only way to fight the tone difference for me is to put pickups so damn hot in the Floyd guitar that they start to sound warm. But on a hard tail, to my ears, you can use whatever kind of pickups you like.

Better alternatives? Some swear on Kahlers, some on the ibanez patented ones. There are many better ones out there, but the bog standard FR is always on everything.
Got it, not the Floyd Rose type, just the brand. I've actually found the original Floyd Rose and Ibanez Edge to be among the best but do agree that a lot of other less expensive FR models and 'licensed by' trems can leave a bit to be desired.

I've found the Tremendus (and the other thousand names it's had since the old Ibanez dual cylinder/spring original design) tends to couple the bridge better to the body when not using the tremolo bar. I can hear a significant difference. I've even used a no name Chinese brass version off Amazon. They were sold at ESP Arming Adjusters for a long time.

Every tremolo guitar I own gets them and I'm also used to them I can about install and set all the spring tensions quickly for what I want a particular guitar/tremolo combination to perform like. Quick adjustment to the backspring tension and I can convert a trem to dive only or pretty much blocked both ways.

Back
Top Bottom