NGD - PRS 594 Wood Library

rcm78

Experienced
I've definitely been bitten by the PRS bug. This is #3.

2022 PRS 594 Wood Library
Korina body with flame maple top
Korina neck with ebony fretboard and headstock laminate
Abalone outline birds
Smoked chrome hardware
Natural satin finish

2022 WL PRS 594.jpeg

2022 WL PRS 594 body.jpeg2022 WL PRS 594 fretboard.jpeg2022 WL PRS 594 headstock.jpeg2022 WL PRS 594 back.jpeg2022 WL PRS 594 back of neck.jpeg2022 WL PRS 594 back of body.jpeg2022 WL PRS 594 back of headstock.jpeg

Stunning!

What else do you have? And how does this compare?
I have two other 594's. A double cut, and a single cut.
Comparing the WL to the production double cut. First thing I noticed is the WL guitar is lighter, and a bit easier to play. It's easier to play due to the satin finish. The back of the neck is not sticky at all. The production guitar back is painted black and that can get sticky. They both play and feel pretty much the same. Unplugged the WL guitar is a bit brighter. Less lows and more upper mids.

Comparing them plugged in isn't fair yet. I replaced the 58/15LT's in the production guitar with Suhr Thornbuckers. I also removed the coil tap resistors PRS uses. I find those pickups to be unfocused in the lows, and highs with lots of mids. Typical A2 pickup.
So now I am trying to decide if I want to replace the pickups in the WL... I probably will.

The Single cut is a very different guitar. It's taller, heavier, thicker, and most importantly, the bridge pickup is closer to the bridge than a DC. As a result the SC guitar is brighter and more focused. I've done a bunch of gigs with my SC and have not considered changing the 58/15LT pickups.594 in case.JPGPRS 594 SC full.jpg

Back
Top Bottom