NGD - PRS 594 SC

Vhalen50

Experienced
Waited for about 7 months for a modern eagle v. Bailed after not hearing anything and also getting worried that it allows zero tweak ability. I like switching pickups more than I should. I saw this and got a INSANE deal on it at sweetwater and the color online doesn’t not do it justice.
IMG_8870.jpeg

Wow that thing is a stunner! Curious how you like the pickups in it!
Typically really don’t like most humbuckers lately other than the Duncan Saturday night special. I’ve also had really bad experiences with PRS coil tap sounds since they default to screw coil.

This feels so radically different. There’s so much clarity in the neck pickup but it still has the wooly les Paul vibe when you need it while the low strings can get an almost round single coil esque vibe. But the biggest shock is how much I like the coil taps. They aren’t nasally and honky like the 57/08.

Typically really don’t like most humbuckers lately other than the Duncan Saturday night special. I’ve also had really bad experiences with PRS coil tap sounds since they default to screw coil.

This feels so radically different. There’s so much clarity in the neck pickup but it still has the wooly les Paul vibe when you need it while the low strings can get an almost round single coil esque vibe. But the biggest shock is how much I like the coil taps. They aren’t nasally and honky like the 57/08.

I'm weird because I find most single coils too bright/thin and most humbuckers (mostly neck) too dark/muddy. I always try to put low wind humbuckers in that neck spot. Sounds like those 58/15LT are the ticket!

The ones in my 2014 Custom 24 use the inside slug coils. I swapped out the neck split + bridge HB position wiring to get outside coils instrad, and love the difference between the two.... The neck pickup position is different from yours, though....

Back
Top Bottom