NGD - Ibanez 2407f

Riccardo Ros

Experienced
So... after this happy accident https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ngd-strandberg-boden-original-nx-6.201074/ I sold every guitar I had...
I already had an Ibanez AZ2402 but cannot bond with it... together with @unix-guy I was complaining on the neck dimensions but this time it's different.

That's a pricey one (I wanted a Suhr guitar... this is 2000 € less expensive here in Italy btw) but I think it's an improvement over the other AZ I had.

CONS
  • HSH is not my cup of tea... I prefer HH and all the split positions you can obtain. Not a problem, I can just re-wire the pickups
  • pricey

PROS
  • great QC (this has the same price of the Strandberg, but QC here is top tier)
  • resonant and great feeling

Differences with the AZ2402 to mention (if this can help someone out there):
  • DiMarzio pickups (I liked the Hyperions, but Tone Zone + Air Norton is something)
  • Gotoh bridge is all about stainless steel (no titanium here)
  • Gotoh MG-T locking machine heads are easier to use
  • it's lighter overall
  • it's easier to play (here comes the snake oil) 😂

Pictures taken from the store, but it's her!
IMG_5742.jpgIMG_5744.jpg
IMG_5741.jpg

Oh that sure is pretty - congratulations on a lovely guitar! I absolutely fell inlove with the original AZ242 in Tequila Sunrise and bought one, shop threw in a free PLEK which was nice ...... but ..... they didn't adjust the rod before sticking the guitar in the PLEK machine so it ground off too much of the upper frets. As a supremely good luthier friend once said to me - the PLEK is only as good as the monkey driving it. Still love the AZ242, it sounds and feels awesome, just wish the upper register frets were a smidge taller!

So... after this happy accident https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ngd-strandberg-boden-original-nx-6.201074/ I sold every guitar I had...
I already had an Ibanez AZ2402 but cannot bond with it... together with @unix-guy I was complaining on the neck dimensions but this time it's different.

That's a pricey one (I wanted a Suhr guitar... this is 2000 € less expensive here in Italy btw) but I think it's an improvement over the other AZ I had.

CONS
  • HSH is not my cup of tea... I prefer HH and all the split positions you can obtain. Not a problem, I can just re-wire the pickups
  • pricey

PROS
  • great QC (this has the same price of the Strandberg, but QC here is top tier)
  • resonant and great feeling

Differences with the AZ2402 to mention (if this can help someone out there):
  • DiMarzio pickups (I liked the Hyperions, but Tone Zone + Air Norton is something)
  • Gotoh bridge is all about stainless steel (no titanium here)
  • Gotoh MG-T locking machine heads are easier to use
  • it's lighter overall
  • it's easier to play (here comes the snake oil) 😂

Pictures taken from the store, but it's her!
View attachment 139701View attachment 139700
View attachment 139702
That's a drop dead gorgeous looking guitar. Happy NGD and thanks for sharing the pics with us.

Roughly inspired 😂
The Suhr should always have a quarter sawn cut... even if in recent moderns the grain looks not that "right"
Hadn't noticed that about the wood grain on the neck. My Modern has a mahogany neck. Now I'm curious, I'll have a closer look at my guitar later.

Back
Top Bottom