NGD!!! EVH

Sweet. One of my buddies has that one and the black and yellow as well. (Liked it so much he wanted both. LOL) They are really great guitars.

I am really impressed with this guitar. So much resonance to it and it feels so well balanced to hold. the pickup sounds incredible. focused and punchy and responds so well to rolling off the volume knob. I was tempted to wait for the new star 5150 version to come out next month but this one is just perfect for me.

I've got one of these and love it to death but I had a hell of a time with restringing and tuning because locking down the nut drove it wildly out of tune. Some of the sharper guitar diagnosticians here knew right away the cause: the retaining bar was way too high. If you have tuning issues look to that first. Enjoy! The neck is surprisingly good. They nailed that and the pickup, too.

I've got one of these and love it to death but I had a hell of a time with restringing and tuning because locking down the nut drove it wildly out of tune. Some of the sharper guitar diagnosticians here knew right away the cause: the retaining bar was way too high. If you have tuning issues look to that first. Enjoy! The neck is surprisingly good. They nailed that and the pickup, too.

Upgrade to a german made nut and floyd... problem solved. Those floyds they put on these souldnt be able to call themselves floyd roses. Will never hold up over time.

Actually, when she first got it for me last week from the guitar store close to us I noticed some oddities right away. First of all the string action was way too high even after adjusting the bridge as low as it could go. I figure the neck pocket may have been recessed too much. The b and g strings kept going wildly out of tune the second i touched the tremolo bar. I looked at the locking nut and removed the saddles. Turns out, the two screws that come up from the back of the neck (for the nut) was sitting just proud of the those strings that sit in the nut so it could never clamp down properly locking down those strings.

Anyhow, we just went to the other location on the other side of town as they had the identical model and swapped. Action is great and no other factory issues.

Back
Top Bottom