NGD: EBMM Luke III Grapes of Wrath BFR #8 of 85... used, but not a scratch on it!

I only had the guitar for a day or two before taking it in for a proper setup and stuff. I generally like the guitar overall but hopefully a very good setup will further that. Mine has the transitions pickups and I like them but they’re def their own voice /thing going on. Usually my presets will work for multiple guitars with my latest guitar being a HH with fishman modern Fluence humbuckers. But I think I’m gonna have to do some tweaking with the HSS transitions. I think they have a very strong tone tho with a lot of character. I’ve been told the transitions single coils are sort of modeled after the dimarzio injectors that gilbert used so they’re gonna be a bit hotter than usual
I believe, could be wrong, there is no dimarzio single coil in the HSS models. Its just the MM cutlass singles.

I believe, could be wrong, there is no dimarzio single coil in the HSS models. Its just the MM cutlass singles.
It’s not a dimarzio single coil it’s the single coil from the transitions set that came with the HSS guitars. They just closely resemble the dimarzio injectors

Just a pointless update.
i played the L3 finally and had my 509 in hand to trade and.....
i didnt love it. Neck was great, frets were low (kinda weird), sounded great. But i found the neck pickup to be real muddy. I purchased a set of transitions and also found that neck to be muddy on anything but hi gain. Keeping the 509 for now.
My Wood Library Swamp Ash body, Artist Quilt top that looks like a Private Stock, flamed maple neck and fretboard 509 has never been in danger of leaving the fold by any guitar I own/owned, much less the briefly owned Luke III GOW. The 509 I have is THE BEST sounding/playing guitar I own with unreal harmonic overtones and versatility. I loved my Hog body 10 Top 509 it replaced, but not nearly as much as the swamp ash Artist!

The Luke III just wasn't good enough to earn a slot on one of The Walls...
Good guitar, just not "it" for me either!
Agree with your detailed observations!
Thanks for posting them for everyone!
🎸😎🎸

Back
Top Bottom