NGD Custom Built Guitar

he just finished 2 more if youre interested! I posted two of them in the posts above. That and i believe there is a 3rd available that is currently out with the guy in Walk The Moon.

Here
That Sophia Trem is what intrigues me. Damn the whole guitar does. I probably would want to commission one except at this point to lay out this kind of money I would probably have to seriously think about letting go of some guitars. I should add the prices seem very fair for the apparent level of quality. I bookmarked the site. Honestly, it would probably only be about an 8 hr drive to the location from where I live. It would be nice to actually sit down and play one.

That Sophia Trem is what intrigues me. Damn the whole guitar does. I probably would want to commission one except at this point to lay out this kind of money I would probably have to seriously think about letting go of some guitars. I should add the prices seem very fair for the apparent level of quality. I bookmarked the site. Honestly, it would probably only be about an 8 hr drive to the location from where I live. It would be nice to actually sit down and play one.
Definitely should go try one....
jay-and-devils.jpg

I commissioned a close friend of mine to build me a guitar from his recent new line of instruments His website is here. I thought you guys would appreciate it.

Specs go as follows:
-25.5" scale
-Spanish Cedar Core sandwiched between flame maple
-24 stainless medium jumbo frets
-Hipshot open gear locking tuners
-Graphtech nut
-Birdseye maple fretboard
-Roasted maple neck
-Compound radius fretboard
-4A Flame maple top and back
-Sophia 2:22 Trem
-Fishman fluence Classic pickups
-Luminlay side dots
-Ebony wood insert fretboard dots
-5 way super switch with some clever routing with a push pull tone
-Custom fabricated powder coated metal cavity cover
-Satin Jade Green Burst painted by Pat Wilkins

5 way operates like:
1 - Bridge voice 1 (pull for voice 3 Inner Coil)
2 - Bridge voice 1 (pull for voice 3 Inner Coil) / Neck Voice 3 Inner Coil
3 - Bridge voice 1 (pull for voice 3 Inner Coil) / Neck Voice 1
4 - Neck Voice 3 Outer Coil
5 - Neck Voice 1
( i wasnt a fan of voice 2 of the neck at all. and voice 2 of the bridge is great but flipping between them is a pretty drastic change in volume with how aggressive it is in comparison. I may either add voice 2 to a push pull on the volume, or install a mini toggle one day)

View attachment 119735View attachment 119737View attachment 119738View attachment 119739View attachment 119740

Really? Which one?
This one... OP.

That is a beauty wow 👌. Congratulations with that one. And that trem looks so solid and stable.

About the Fishmens.
There are more options to add with Push/Pull, If you are in the USA you could buy 25k Push/Push pots from Ernie Ball (just because you can and those european guys can not) and add Coil tap -> on Active PU'S and sounds great
Also switched the volume control in my guitar. I dont get this configuration why you would place it in the opposite from the PU'S...

Works great, had this configuration with the fluence modern in one of my guitars.

Screenshot_20230425_081607.jpg

Cheers 🍻

That is a beauty wow 👌. Congratulations with that one. And that trem looks so solid and stable.

About the Fishmens.
There are more options to add with Push/Pull, If you are in the USA you could buy 25k Push/Push pots from Ernie Ball (just because you can and those european guys can not) and add Coil tap -> on Active PU'S and sounds great
Also switched the volume control in my guitar. I dont get this configuration why you would place it in the opposite from the PU'S...

Works great, had this configuration with the fluence modern in one of my guitars.

View attachment 120044

Cheers 🍻
I use a push pull on the tone for toggling the voice 3 on the bridge. I dont use voice 2 on anything honestly. I did just order a EB 25k push push pot since thats always been my preference. Hopefully they dont fail like the typical 500k and 250k chinese amazon stuff. Ive never found a reputable company that creates push push.

Justin makes beautiful guitars. I tried to talk him into building a set neck for me and he wouldn't go for it. I need to sit down and play one of the completed ones but I'm super happy with my McCarty's right now.

Justin makes beautiful guitars. I tried to talk him into building a set neck for me and he wouldn't go for it. I need to sit down and play one of the completed ones but I'm super happy with my McCarty's right now.
Tiernan would prob do it for you.

Back
Top Bottom