NGD: Charvel EVH art series

Nice!

Just out of interest: did you get a chance to compare with the Fender EVH Striped version?

Edit: just looked into the Charvel EVH art series and see it's a whole different proposition than the EVH Striped!

I tried out a striped (frankenstrat) version (899) at scam ash and it was ok.. neck felt nice, fretwork was nice. Not a fan of the cheap Floyd though. I think with a good Floyd it wouldn't be bad. I would rather them charge a hundred bux more and put a real german Floyd on there.

Congrats on a cool guitar....

I have 2 Charvel EVH Art Series & a new EVH striped.

They are all good guitars. The striped series holds its own with the Charvel for far less $.

I still prefer my Peavey Wolfgang carved tops & Music Man Axis over all of 'em though.

Congrats on a cool guitar....

I have 2 Charvel EVH Art Series & a new EVH striped.

They are all good guitars. The striped series holds its own with the Charvel for far less $.

I still prefer my Peavey Wolfgang carved tops & Music Man Axis over all of 'em though.

In all honesty, I played it side by side with the evh stripped series at gc for about 3 hours and the EVH brand isn't even close. There are a lot of small details which sets it above and beyond,hence why the charvels came out of the charvel custom shop.

ps. I only paid 300 more for this than an EVH stripped series:mrgreen

In all honesty, I played it side by side with the evh stripped series at gc for about 3 hours and the EVH brand isn't even close. There are a lot of small details which sets it above and beyond,hence why the charvels came out of the charvel custom shop.

ps. I only paid 300 more for this than an EVH stripped series:mrgreen

I prefer the necks on the striped series & the bigger frets.The one I bought sounds just as good as my 2 art series thru my tube amps & Axe Fx.

The art series EVH do not have the normal iconic Charvel neck profile. Fender had more of an influence on these art series necks. Don't get me wrong I really like my 2 art series guitars, but I just prefer my 'traditional' custom shop Charvel,Peavey Wolfgangs & MM Axis. I am also really pleasantly surprised with my EVH striped series......maybe I just got a good one.

I prefer the necks on the striped series & the bigger frets.The one I bought sounds just as good as my 2 art series thru my tube amps & Axe Fx.

The art series EVH do not have the normal iconic Charvel neck profile. Fender had more of an influence on these art series necks. Don't get me wrong I really like my 2 art series guitars, but I just prefer my 'traditional' custom shop Charvel,Peavey Wolfgangs & MM Axis. I am also really pleasantly surprised with my EVH striped series......maybe I just got a good one.
Its possible you got a good one. The EVH stripped are coming out with just more of the same quality control issues plaguing the whole brand. Unfinished routes(chunks of wood jutting out in the routes) Poor fretwork and the Paint job was horrendous. Yuu can literally see the line edges on each layer of Paint. 2 of the one's I played the pu's weren't completely screwed into the body. One I played came directly out of the box while I was there and was setup so poorly it couldnt be played until there tech set it up properly.
As far as the neck profile, My preference is with the Peavey wolf and the EBMM. I didn't bond much with my EVH Wolfgang USA neck. I actually really like the Charvel neck, Ive always felt fender necks to be super comfy and these are pretty much just unfinished fender necks. However, I keep thinking if I do get back into a band would I actually bring this thing on stage? Chances are no so Im not sure if Im going to keep it. Giving it a workout for the week but I dont think I could ever play it live lol. Plus the lack of a neck pup is something I never thought would bother me...until I played this

Back
Top Bottom