NGD Caparison!

Romo82

Experienced
Scooped this beauty up double quick! I had the exact same model in the mid 2000’s that I loved and stupidly sold 🤦‍♂️

Came with original pickups and has BKP Nailbombs installed, big brass block and bizarrely 2 trem stabilizers, a Tremol-No and ESP Arming Adjuster?? Neither one was setup to do anything so don’t know if the previous owner knew how to set them or if they neutral’d them for sale but I’ll take one out when I service it later.

incredible condition for a 2010, build is as clean as I remember them. After 5 mins of half assed adjusting its playing better than any of my other guitars, even my Jackson Kelly which up till now I thought couldn’t be topped, so can’t wait to fully strip service and set up later!

Best Friday 13th ever!!

A5EC71FC-CE86-4993-83DC-22A9E6CC683E.jpegF3597377-FA93-42F0-9630-A85E5FAE7710.jpegB402840F-7713-4EC1-A30E-7CF7B791137F.jpeg

Last edited:
As far as I know, the Tremel-No is a "lock" not a stabilizer.

So the ESP could be to keep the trem stable when bending strings and the Tremel-No gives the option for a locked trem?

Anyway, nice guitar!

I've always liked the look of Caparison guitars except that damn headstock... That's a deal breaker for me.

I'm a big fan of Mike Romeo of Symphony X who has a signature Caparison model. Caparison guitars look super nice though I've never played one, but yours is no exception. Happy NGD!

That is a great guitar. I have the same model from about the same period. I have been gigging a lot with it, including fly gigs, and no issues at all with the trem. I bet it will be rock solid after a good setup.

So the ESP could be to keep the trem stable when bending strings and the Tremel-No gives the option for a locked trem?

Anyway, nice guitar!

I've always liked the look of Caparison guitars except that damn headstock... That's a deal breaker for me.

From what I can tell you can set the Tremol-No in 3 different "modes", Hard-tail, dive bomb and full float. You just have to decide how you have the lock screws set on the shaft. I have an Arming Adjuster on my Kelly so thought I'd try the Tremol-No and it seems to work just fine, i have it hard tailed right now and its solid.

Got it all clean and set up just nice and its excellent. The Bareknuckles are really pretty good and I may not actually switch them out for EMG's as I expected I would so thats a bonus! That brass block seems worthwhile too, been curious about them for a while and it definitely seems to sustain A LOT!

Caparisons are awesome instruments! More of a TAT player myself, and personally a bit more inclined towards the flashy sponges, but these naturals are also outstanding beauties on their own.

Congrats on the score, man!

I had one once and didn't like it. I'm pretty sure it has three different "settings". Complete float, complete lock, and only drop down. I saw it demo-ed once by Guthrie G. and he knew how to operate it well, but I didn't get along with it.

I had several ESP arming adjusters and like them the most of all the contraptions I tried. You can drop down as usual, and have to push up quite a bit against its threshold before it increases string tension.

Edit: Just saw that this was already stated...

Back
Top Bottom