NGD - 2008 Gibson Explorer Faded

Fro

Experienced
This is my first Explorer. It's a 2008 Gibson Explorer Faded. I threw a set of David Allen Powerage pickups in it for more of a Classic Rock vibe. It's surprisingly comfortable to play both sitting down and standing up. It has great upper fret access. If this is representative of the Faded line, I'm pretty impressed with the quality for such a reasonably priced guitar. I didn't think I would buy a newer Gibson, but this was straight forward, no frills, and really felt great to play. The neck is a lot wider than my Les Paul and SG, but it's a little thinner, and vey comfortable in it's own way.

Even though I consider this "new", I think being that this is a 10 year old guitar, and that the previous owner must have played it quite a bit, it feels worn in the way a good guitar should feel. The previous owner did replace the nut, which is one thing I've heard some people complain out with the Faded series. It's a fun guitar, and I'm hooked. Now I'm curious to compare it to a vintage Explorer. That's something to look forward to down the road. For now, I'm looking forward to playing this one this weekend at our Halloween gig.

explorer.jpg

This is my first Explorer. It's a 2008 Gibson Explorer Faded. I threw a set of David Allen Powerage pickups in it for more of a Classic Rock vibe. It's surprisingly comfortable to play both sitting down and standing up. It has great upper fret access. If this is representative of the Faded line, I'm pretty impressed with the quality for such a reasonably priced guitar. I didn't think I would buy a newer Gibson, but this was straight forward, no frills, and really felt great to play. The neck is a lot wider than my Les Paul and SG, but it's a little thinner, and vey comfortable in it's own way.

Even though I consider this "new", I think being that this is a 10 year old guitar, and that the previous owner must have played it quite a bit, it feels worn in the way a good guitar should feel. The previous owner did replace the nut, which is one thing I've heard some people complain out with the Faded series. It's a fun guitar, and I'm hooked. Now I'm curious to compare it to a vintage Explorer. That's something to look forward to down the road. For now, I'm looking forward to playing this one this weekend at our Halloween gig.

explorer.jpg
If you still have this guitar, and feel like selling it let me know! Been looking for one of these for a long time. Cheers!

Nice score! The LP I used to have was a faded cherry Studio from that timeframe. First LP I'd tried that I could get along with the feel of the neck.

My first 'decent' electric was a black Series10 Explorer-ish guitar with a strat-style vibrato instead of the usual fixed bridge and a maple bolt-on neck. I wonder where that guitar went....

Back
Top Bottom