NGBD

Tonedeaf

Power User
New guitar body day. Back before my Peavey USA HP Special CT fell into my lap ( I posted a silly thread about it ), I ordered a neck from Musikraft to be as close to a EBMM Axis neck as possible except with a Strat heel. It's still several weeks away from shipping. In the meantime I was looking for the right body to use it on. preferably a loaded one with a Floyd and rear routed. Got a great deal on this. No Floyd, but I really like the full contact Babicz trem (put an old neck on it for the meantime). The color is nicer in person (less bright) as well, and it's real light and comfy. Oh, it's a Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster.
324BB853-F77F-4C65-A0FD-EA2C63AB3E08_1_201_a.jpeg

Awesome! I'm actually looking at ordering a Stat neck from Musikraft that feels like an Axis. Can you share what specs your neck-on-order has?

Awesome! I'm actually looking at ordering a Stat neck from Musikraft that feels like an Axis. Can you share what specs your neck-on-order has?
Sure. Eddie neck profile. 1 5/8" nut width. 10" radius. Heavy rolled edges. Antique Oil finish. I even spent $120 extra for the carbon fiber support rods option. Installed Floyd Rose nut. The headstock shape is called MKW. It's EBMM inspired with 3x3 tuners instead of 4x2.

Last edited:
Sure. Eddie neck profile. 1 5/8" nut width. 10" radius. Heavy rolled edges. Antique Oil finish. I even spent $120 extra for the carbon fiber support rods option. Installed Floyd Rose nut. The headstock shape is called MVH. It's EBMM inspired with 3x3 tuners instead of 4x2.
Cool. Do you mean their "MKW" option? (I don't see an MVH).

Did you get their AYS 81 91 (EVH) neck profile (that seems to be the default when choosing the MKW neck)? I was emailing them and they told me that their C 81 94 neck was most like an Axis.

1688781881245.png

Cool. Do you mean their "MKW" option? (I don't see an MVH).

Did you get their AYS 81 91 (EVH) neck profile (that seems to be the default when choosing the MKW neck)? I was emailing them and they told me that their C 81 94 neck was most like an Axis.

View attachment 123083
Yes, I changed my post. Old man memory strikes again. I got the AYS 81 91. Didn't look for others after seeing that as the default. This will be my second neck from them. My first was one I had made for a G&L ASAT. Total vintage Tele specs. Cost a lot less that the one I have coming because I didn't get any options that cost extra. I have $270 worth of extras on the new one.

It's a complete guitar now. The MKW neck is sweet. My #3 favorite neck now behind the Peavey USA HP Special CT and my Warmoth LP '59 profile conversion necks. I got rid of the Babicz. I loved it "above deck'. but hated it below. I couldn't set it for dive only without way too much tension. Very skinny block was the problem I think. I put on a Gotoh (with the help of wood files) with a massive block and Gotoh power springs and it almost feels like a Floyd now. With the an almost Axis neck and the slim, curved made in Japan Aerodyne body, it's a hard to put down axe.

Back
Top Bottom