Next big thing for Fractal

As long as we're spitballing ideas among friends...I'd really like to see a couple of Fractal offerings similar to other items already in the market.

How about a pedal providing ONLY amp and cab - as inspired by the Strymon Iridium?
How about an effect(s)-only pedal from Fractal? Could be as advanced as the Eventide H9 Max...or as simple as just "Fractal FM-Reverb".

Would certainly take "modular" to the next level!
I can think of many ways products like these could fit nicely into the current Fractal ecosystem.

Fun to think about.

This guy is literally sponsored by Line 6. I wouldn’t expect an unbiased take on the FM3 from him. Again, though, setting Reverb to a lower setting will leave room for more blocks—as several response to your comments have already shown.

He is having a hard time finding the weak points in the fm3... Cool guy. In one of his recent videos he mentions that comparisons are almost useless due to all the variables involved. I kind of agree... but I feel sorry for the way he is struggling to just not flip out with the fm3

This guy is literally sponsored by Line 6. I wouldn’t expect an unbiased take on the FM3 from him. Again, though, setting Reverb to a lower setting will leave room for more blocks—as several response to your comments have already shown.
Yeah, had enough of his video about 30 seconds in. Meh

Last edited:
I agree. I think Jason is a cool guy and trying to temper his reaction... Also, before using this video as a guide, one should note he clearly named it first impressions and he's just poking around in it shortly after an unboxing. I think he's like a lot of us on here and can find an appreciation for many of the platforms out there. Its cool to me to observe someone who has a lot of knowledge with another product plunge into another and see what is intuitive to them... really see their first reactions. Always something for the makers to learn from there. At the end of the day people are making money as working musicians and its totally possible to be sponsored by line 6 and still be objective.

The key thing to note is: he has the cab preamp quality and the reverb quality both turned all the way up. I think by time he got to that point in the video, he forgot he did that. If he had turned those down, he would have been able to add the effect block he wanted.
Where is the cab preamp quality setting at? Might have a tweak later :) Edited for I see it now. I don't think I have that preamp turned on on my presets.

Last edited:
After watching a YouTube vid of the FM3 with it being limited to 5 blocks in a preset, the bigger more powerful version has to be next, especially with the Kemper floor unit and QuadCortex thingy with touchscreen

Is no one is going to address this misleading statement?
Seemd like this individual had clearly confused one of @2112 's videos of a deliberately austere preset for being a system limitation.

He is having a hard time finding the weak points in the fm3... Cool guy. In one of his recent videos he mentions that comparisons are almost useless due to all the variables involved. I kind of agree... but I feel sorry for the way he is struggling to just not flip out with the fm3
I suppose I may have been too quick to judge. I went back and watched the section in question, and he does eventually point out that if you drop the quality on reverb and the cab preamp, you open up a lot of space. It seems like Darren may have overlooked this as well.

I want an Axe-FX3 in a pedalboard format.
So I can leave the rack at home and take that out instead, not having to drag a MIDI pedalboard as well.
I had the AX8 but I want to be able to transfer presets from the Axe3 not having CPU issues.
With large scribble strips like Liquidfoot/RJM w/ setlists :)

I really like Jason's vids and watch them regularly. He's thorough and methodical in setting up any tests that he presents, and he explains the process, concepts, and his interpretation clearly.

As a player who’s been through two Axe Fx III, and am now on my second FM3, I’m with the Jason. There’s a lot to wrap your head around in the Fractal world and first impressions don’t work in Fractal’s favour necessarily. Took me several attempts (purchases) to really grasp just how much more advanced and enjoyable the Fractal stuff is compared to Helix. At first glance, the Helix stuff can be quite fetching. Delays on the Helix are much more plug and play and have an instant wow factor, whereas the Fractal types don’t have that without knowing what you are doing. Keep in mind that having that CPU metre just invites attention to the FM3 limitations.
I didn’t think Jason was biased at all and in all of his videos, he never is. I mean the guy takes the time to always “defend” his preference for a studio limiter at the end of his Helix chain, just cause so many trolls in the comment section won’t let it go. It’s a model of a mic’d and recorded guitar, so having a studio limiter at the end of the chain just makes sense if you enjoy it.
I think he’s Canadian as well. It’s cold up here. We have a bad habit of starting things up and wanting to get moving right away to BRING THE HEAT!!!!

I suppose I may have been too quick to judge. I went back and watched the section in question, and he does eventually point out that if you drop the quality on reverb and the cab preamp, you open up a lot of space. It seems like Darren may have overlooked this as well.
Yeah, I didn't watch the vid till the end as I was busy. Probably should have

Back
Top Bottom