Newest Guitar build

moshwitz

Inspired
Sup?
🙂

Building this thing has fought me every step of the way, but I've learned a few lessons and a few new tricks too, but it is alive and playable
🤘

To start,,
Safety Tip......Don't get your damn shirt caught in the lead screw, jerk it out and rack the gantry an inch out during the last 7 minutes of an hour and a half 3D top carve on your nice Mahogany blank. or any carve for that matter..... shit was just going too good......lol
This picture is another hour later of much cussing and nashing of teeth after I got my machine re-squared, tweaked , and back up and running. I never shut Mach3 down, and took note of the line of code it was on when I stopped it . so after I got it all back going and the Z zeroed on the spot I marked to touch of from with a wing and a prayer, I backed up the code, and hit the Run from Here command. and here we go.....
😉

THEN,, after some alone time with myself the body and a belt sander she is a little thinner that I had planed but I thought it's gonna be ok.

I also made a neck pocket jig for a bolt drill template so i can put my Threaded inserts in to use machine screws. this neck was a factory 2nd and had been mounted and the holes were just a little off from the pattern that I use but the 5/16 holes for the insets cleaned it up pretty good and only a little of 2 holes show a very little but did not affect it.

I've got the action and intonation set, got the control cavities copper shielded and a temp Jack plate made so I can at least plug it in and play.
I have to get some 1/4in wood to make some rear control plates. I have some Spanish Cedar, but is seems a little fragile, so I have to get something harder. need to get some new strap lock buttons so I can set the placement on the back one and get a strap on it to stand and play.
Just a few little things and it will be in the books and on to the next one. It's in good company hanging out with this weeks friends .
I guess I'm gonna have to finish the Hanging rack now....
👀

MOSHON
DAVE
Here's a little slightly rusty solo vid of it on one of my old tunes ( that 2nd Face) on the new axe.

13.JPG17.JPG28.JPG41.JPGbcc41.JPGwkdr3.JPGbcc43a.JPGwkdr7b.JPGwkdr7c.JPGwkdr7e.JPG

An Explorrior!

I thought that was a P-rail in there at first!
Sup? :) I could see a p-rail just glancing too.....lol I'm swapping though my stash of Fishmans to see what I like best in there. in the pics it is a Fluff,, but I have a Devin Townsend in there now,, We'll see ;)

MOSHON
DAVE

Awesome build!!! Very impressive. I recently used a set of the E-Z Lok 8-32 stainless threaded inserts on a frankenstrat I’m building. I believe they’re far superior to wood screws. I also dropped a set of Townsends in my ESP M-1000. Awesome pups. I added a 25k push-push on the tone to switch modes. Not a fan of push-pulls. Super aggressive and clean up nicely.

Awesome build!!! Very impressive. I recently used a set of the E-Z Lok 8-32 stainless threaded inserts on a frankenstrat I’m building. I believe they’re far superior to wood screws. I also dropped a set of Townsends in my ESP M-1000. Awesome pups. I added a 25k push-push on the tone to switch modes. Not a fan of push-pulls. Super aggressive and clean up nicely.
Sup? :) Right on , thanks. Yeah I like the threaded inserts I went with the EZ-lock 10-24 zinc because the stainless ones needed a bigger hole and I thought it was a little too much near the edge of the neck to where I had my holes set in the body, I made a couple tests first to make sure they would go in the hard maple and they were fine. plus I super glued also just to be sure ;)

I actually have the Devin Neck in the Aztec build I did before and it sounds great in that. I think it is because it also is ceramic magnet and not alnico,, so it still has some bite. I'm still swapping around on this one. I have a set of Tosin's a set of Devin's and a KSE set + the Fluff so I'll go round and round till I like it....lol

I like the push pull,, but I don't like Voice 2 on any of them they all loose their bite to me. If you only like the one voice you can use the EMG solderless push pull and the pull becomes a kill switch. I have one of mine set up like that.

MOSHOIN
DAVE

Back
Top Bottom