newer IR's with Ultra

whatdehuff

Inspired
Have many Ultra users used the newer Artists Packs and/or the own hammer cabs?
Is there a big difference from the stock cabs?
I'm pretty much a clean to med crunch kinda player,
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Tim

I have some packs, but I actually end up using the stock ones the most + a few of the Jay Mitchell IR's that are floating around the forum which I also find great.

Probably mostly because I tend to prefer the far-field IR's and those are not that good in Ownhammer or RedWire packs (in my experience)

Jens

I've been using the underground studio ir packs...they seem greatly priced for the number of IR's you get. I havent checked back in awhile, but the pack I had was a V30 cab configuration, it was the first one they did for the Ultra.

I am also interested in buying one of those ownhammer packs ,to use mostly with clean fender amp models, so any recommedations would be nice. Vintage or Modern ?

I am also interested in buying one of those ownhammer packs ,to use mostly with clean fender amp models, so any recommedations would be nice. Vintage or Modern ?

From what I Have read on the Axe 2 forums most people think vintage would be better for clean or broken up tones. I plan on getting the modern because I want scumbacks.

Yeah, I will buy the vintage pack next week. It is so nice, we have the possibillity to upgrade the tone of the ultra :)

Either pack from the new OwnHammer IRs is great. They both cover a lot of tonal ground and in my opinion, wipe the floor with most of the stock IRs.

the new ownhammer ir's in my opinion absolutely destroy the stock ir's, even the old ownhammer and beta ones beat the stock ones pretty badly.

Back
Top Bottom