Newbie with a Fractal Ax8 overjoyed

Buineduc

I needed to post this !! I have had a AX8 for 4 days now and I can tell you I am the most resistent fellow when it comes to all-digital stuff...I've resisted many many years. Read hundreds of postings, got confused in the process and stayed old-school with my tube amps. Mainly Diezel amps in all shape or form.

I had the money, but everything I read was a turn-off....Fractal is a pain to edit, amps difficult to dial in, interface sucks, it's not the real thing, it's a marketing hype etc.

Well, it's all BS and now I know. It's a bliss to adjust with AX8-Edit and even on the unit it isn't that hard and I'm 50 year-old. It sounds absolutely awesome, it feels like tube amps, forum is great,, support awesome...

I'm sold. You guys on the fence, stop reading forums, buy and try, you won't return the unit.

Madness , pure madness.
Welcome. I like mine too. You speak the truth. Forum , Unit.....great. If I weren't so NOT into going thru the BS of selling my vintage and handwired amps over eBay or Reverb , I'd sell a boatload of gear that I'll likely NEVER use again.

Last edited:
What are you running it thru?

Nothing extraordinary actually. Equator D5. Truth is I initially aimed at using the 15 days return guarantee policy to the fullest ;-); but to do a real trial I wanted some transparent speakers not going through my amp and cab. Of course all that testing with minimal investment. D5 seemed like a good compromise and it is. Now I am going to upgrade to FRFR cab since I am now convinced. But to date this is what I`ve got.

Back
Top Bottom