Newbie Voodoo Ground control pro question.

DavidCarrMusic

Inspired
Hi all. This is my first time here so thanks in advance for reading my question.

I purchased a GCP to control my AXE II. The positive is the banks/presets work fine as do the 8 control buttons which I use for effects blocks on/off. I use a Boss EV-5 to modulate parameters in various patches, such as delay volumes, volume swells, ring mod freq etc.
One thing I can't solve is this; If I select a patch (say bank 1, patch 1) and after some time stomp on a control button to say turn on a drive block, then go immediately to a new patch (bank 2, patch 2) WITHOUT turning the drive block off, next time I go to bank 1 patch 1 the drive will still be on, although the control button light will not be lit. In other words, the patch is not reset to its original state where the drive block was off.

To turn the drive off I have to hit the drive button once for the light to come on and hit it again to turn the drive off. This is most annoying and I can't figure out why it's doing it at this time. I'm aware the GCP requires assigning of the expression pedal in each of it's patches so I have to go into it and assign the expression pedal controller to the correct CC number.

I hope this makes sense and thanks again.

If you press [CURSOR 4] again, you can select between NORMAL, XMIT W/PRSET and

MOMENTARY. Here’s what that means:

NORMAL.

The CC message is only sent when you press the instant access button. You press

it once to turn it on, then again to turn it off.

XMIT W/PRSET.

This stands for “Transmit with Preset”. When you call up a preset on the

Ground Control Pro, it will send out the current state (on or off) of this instant access

button. Of course it turns on and off when you press the button too.

MOMENTARY.

This option means that it sends an “on” message when the instant access

button is pressed, then sends an “off ” message when it is released

Back
Top Bottom