Newbie Simple Routing Question

RickTN

Inspired
I should get my new AXE in the next day or two.

I have a rack mounted tuner. It is now where I actually plug into the front and go out the back into a rack mounted preamp input. Now that I'm doing away with the preamp can I take the the tuner output and plug into one of the AXE's rear inputs...rather than the front input? (just for a cleaner rack without cabling having to run from out behind the tuner and come back out the front into the AXE).

Of course I can do that if I have to do it but it's cleaner going in the back.

You really want the guitar signal going into Input 1- it has the "special (optimized for guitar) sauce" (this is NOT a must rule, just info) - Depending on what you need you can just use one of the other outputs\fx loop\etc for the tuner - plenty of ways to silence the output to the audienece.
Is that what you mean?
There are folks that run pedals before the axe, so I am not saying you cannot-but still they usually still use the front input.

I'm sure I can do that. I've been reading so much about much of the technical things on the AXE I think I'm brain-dead on the simpler things. I'm sure it will be easier once I have the AXE in front of me. This just for a home music room/small studio setup.

I can use Output 1 to go to my powered monitors and Output 2 (FX Send) just for a signal into the rear input of the rack mount tuner. Right now I'm not going to have anything else in the FX Loop and if I do I can then go out of the tuner into the next FX and back to FX Return (Input 2).

Sorry for the dumb questions here at the beginning.

i use the Rear input all the time for my electric guitar and things still sound great. i think you might get a bit better signal-to-noise ratio with the Front input, but i haven't had anything detrimental with the rear.

Back
Top Bottom