Newbie saying Hello and 1st question (of many!!!)

welshboyo

Hi All,

Just ordered my FX8 from G66 and it should be here at weekend/early next week!!!

Did have a Helix on order but the reports of bugs/glitches/lockups put me right off let alone the shoddy info about delivery times :lol and to be honest the whole forum here and the sounds a few of you are getting out of the FX8 excited me more!! I'm not and never will be a modelling guy - just a busy gigging guitarist with a real amp behind him!!

SO, UK user, will be running a gamut of different guitars - LP's, PRS, EBMM, Strats, Teles etc into a Bogner Shiva mainly

And the 1st question......

Is there any reason why I can't run my beloved CAE Wah front end? Just thinking it will save me a block and will free up an EXP pedal for other uses?

Will also be switching in and out reverb on the Shiva (which is the best reverb I've ever heard) using a relay so hopefully that should cut down on CPU usage too....

Really looking forward to contributing here and getting my hands on the FX8!!:mrgreen

Welcome and congratulations on joining the Fractal Family.

And no problem with running the CAE wah on the front end. I use my Wilson wah like that and there are plenty of other users using their favorite wahs on the front-end of the FX8.

Welcome to the Fractal family. Your decision to buy the FX8 was, IMHO, the right one with the setup you have. It is exactly the reason I bought the FX8 to use with various guitars and Mesa Mk V 25, it is a fab combination. I did consider the Helix when it was first announced but, like you, did not want the amp modelling, I just wanted the effects and Fractal's reputation for quality effects sold it to me.

Welcome ! I think you did the right choice, I used to be a long time user of line6 products and I was really disappointed by many behaviors about them...anyway !

I see no problems using your pedals before the Fx8 input, I use my Whammy DT that way and it works great !

You'll see the FX is already great stuff and I can't wait for updates to bring some functions I'm craving for ;)

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom