Newbie question : using Axe-Fx II as audio device for PC

Hello everyone,

I'm a complete noob who just bought an used Axe FXII and trying to record with it on a PC (windows 10), using Cubase as DAW and connecting my Axe through the USB cable. I use the headphone in front of the Axe to listen when I play and my guitar sound great. The trouble is that when I try to record, after setting up Axe FX in Cubase as my audio input and output (FAS drivers installed), I put the headphone on but no sound coming from my computer, and there is still only my guitar. So, can anyone please tell me what I need to do? Or do I get it wrong, and the headphone in the front is only to monitor the output L+R of the Axe and not as output for the PC?

Thank you all for the eventual help :(

did you set the Axe-Fx II as your Input/Output device in Cubase Settings? USB audio will return through the Headphone jack (which is a copy of Output 1).

Thanks you guys for your help, and yes I did set the Axe as my Input/output device. After reading the user manual, it appears that I forgot to turn the Main Input Source to "USB", so I just did that, so now I have the sound of my computer through my headphone, but it's really low quality and very muddy. I guess I'm gonna have to try adjusting it some ways...

Once again thanks...

Thanks you guys for your help, and yes I did set the Axe as my Input/output device. After reading the user manual, it appears that I forgot to turn the Main Input Source to "USB", so I just did that, so now I have the sound of my computer through my headphone, but it's really low quality and very muddy. I guess I'm gonna have to try adjusting it some ways...

Once again thanks...
that setting means the USB is being fed into your preset grid. so that isn't the correct thing, unless i'm misunderstanding.

did you check the setting called "USB RETURN LEVEL" in the I/O Audio menu as unix-guy suggested? that specific setting, not just anything that says USB.

You're probably right, I'll try setting the "USB return level" as you told me when I get near the Axe again and I'll tell you about the results. Meanwhile, is it right if when I set up the input/output device in Cubase, it appears as in the picture attached here? Cos the friend who sold me the beast says that it should appears as "Line 1/Line 2 Axe FXII out" or something like that...

Thanks yet again, I really didn't expect an immediate answer like that, feel really welcoming to the forums.

Attachments

• 34719488_10156572327289873_6664061717351235584_n.jpg
    34719488_10156572327289873_6664061717351235584_n.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 18
  • 34719488_10156572327289873_6664061717351235584_n.jpg
    34719488_10156572327289873_6664061717351235584_n.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 17
You're probably right, I'll try setting the "USB return level" as you told me when I get near the Axe again and I'll tell you about the results. Meanwhile, is it right if when I set up the input/output device in Cubase, it appears as in the picture attached here? Cos the friend who sold me the beast says that it should appears as "Line 1/Line 2 Axe FXII out" or something like that...

Thanks yet again, I really didn't expect an immediate answer like that, feel really welcoming to the forums.
Yes, for Cubase, your I/O settings look correct.

Back
Top Bottom