Newbie question on scenes

croberto

So just got the AxeFX II XL+ and I am building my first preset from scratch. I go to Scene 2 thinking it would have the exact same blocks that I can just change settings for each. Scene 2 had completely different amp blocks. Can you have different amps in every scene of the same preset?

So just got the AxeFX II XL+ and I am building my first preset from scratch. I go to Scene 2 thinking it would have the exact same blocks that I can just change settings for each. Scene 2 had completely different amp blocks. Can you have different amps in every scene of the same preset?
You are only allowed to have 2 amp blocks per preset. These can be two different amps if desired. Keep in mind that amps have X/Y states so it is really 2 amps each with independent X or Y for different settings.

The blocks that you can you have inside the scenes, are the blocks that you had loaded inside the preset... a scene permits you to manage which block is active on that scene, whic option between X or Y of that block and the master level of the scene, but you cannot change the parameters of a block 'cause it will be changed in each scene of that preset.

Speaking about the amp blocks, you can have 2 amp blocks in each preset. An amp block has also the X/Y feature that permits you to load 2 different amps inside the same block using only one at the time.
So inside a preset you can load 2 amp blocks with 2 amps each for a total of 4 amps (with the limitation of using max 2 amps at the same time).
In each scene you can choose which amp block is active with the X or Y option, so you can have these combinations:
Amb Block1 X ON - AmpBlock2 OFF
Amb Block1 Y ON - AmpBlock2 OFF
Amb Block1 OFF - AmpBlock2 X ON
Amb Block1 OFF - AmpBlock2 Y ON
Amb Block1 X ON - AmpBlock2 X ON
Amb Block1 Y ON - AmpBlock2 X ON
Amb Block1 Y ON - AmpBlock2 Y ON
Amb Block1 X ON - AmpBlock2 Y ON

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Scenes

You are only allowed to have 2 amp blocks per preset. These can be two different amps if desired. Keep in mind that amps have X/Y states so it is really 2 amps each with independent X or Y for different settings.
That's what I thought which is why I had this question. I used 2 amps and when I switched to scene 2 in Axe Edit the amp blocks changed to two different amp types for a total of 4 amp types.
(Still only 2 amp blocks)

The blocks that you can you have inside the scenes, are the blocks that you had loaded inside the preset... a scene permits you to manage which block is active on that scene, whic option between X or Y of that block and the master level of the scene, but you cannot change the parameters of a block 'cause it will be changed in each scene of that preset.

Speaking about the amp blocks, you can have 2 amp blocks in each preset. An amp block has also the X/Y feature that permits you to load 2 different amps inside the same block using only one at the time.
So inside a preset you can load 2 amp blocks with 2 amps each for a total of 4 amps (with the limitation of using max 2 amps at the same time).
In each scene you can choose which amp block is active with the X or Y option, so you can have these combinations:
Amb Block1 X ON - AmpBlock2 OFF
Amb Block1 Y ON - AmpBlock2 OFF
Amb Block1 OFF - AmpBlock2 X ON
Amb Block1 OFF - AmpBlock2 Y ON
Amb Block1 X ON - AmpBlock2 X ON
Amb Block1 Y ON - AmpBlock2 X ON
Amb Block1 Y ON - AmpBlock2 Y ON
Amb Block1 X ON - AmpBlock2
Exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you very much. I love this thing so far. I need the MFC asap

Yeah so if u switch to scene 2 and "amp1" is the wrong amp just check its XY state and switch to the one u desire for that scene

Back
Top Bottom