Newbie question about MFC - SP1 -Ep1

Stringmanipulator

Power User
Hello everybody,

Today I got my MFC-101 and A Mission Engineering SP1 and a springloaded Ep1
I watched the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVTDJGCmFdMhttp://
katsukurimedia video about setting those pedals up a while ago, and I wanted to have it
just as the third and final example in that video.

So my objective: Use the SP1 as a volume pedal all the time - the switch as a boost
Use my spring loaded EP1 as a wahwah

My Axe FX II mark II is running firmware 9.02
My MFC-101 are running 2.15
ME SP1 + ME EP1 (spring loaded)

I followed the excellent video, there were some difference during the setup (which I guess is because of firmware updates since then)
when I calibrated the SP1 the range of the pedal worked just on the video, the switch however was 126 to 127 not 0 to 127 as in the example

When checked my IO menu on my axe fx I got the EXT CTRL 1 = 7
EXT CTRL 2 = 14
EXT CTRL 3 = 18

So I * EDIT * MIDI * Page Left * on my mfc
in the XP1 I jumped to first parameter entered the value #007
in the XP2 I jumped to first parameter entered the value #014

I never changed the channel in any of the above (parameter nr 2 I think)

Went to my axe fx in layout volume block in setting EXT CTRL 1
moved the pedal and the range moved just as expected.

Followed the next example to try to assign the switch to a boost
but when I switched the button on and off it didn't react
choosed Type Null * .. moved down did a 6 DB LEVEL boost
scrolled down to BYP THRU and hit *ENTER * selected EXT CTL 2
tried to switch it on and off several times nothing happens.

So thats where I am stuck right now, I tried to get the EP1 to work as a wahwah
pedal so I went for EDIT * Midi * Page left * in the XP3
I jumped to first parameter entered the value #018

but then I don't know what to do, I will try to find another video doing just that
but so far I haven't found any ..

A lot to learn I just bought my axe fx couple of weeks ago, and now all this today
so it's a bit overwhelming right now .. :)

I'm grateful for any kind of help or pointers that can get me to get it done
and try to play guitar again

:)

you all have a good one
//Kenneth

With the spring loaded EP1 set up a wah in the chain and then edit it. Go to the volume control of the wah and press enter. Assign it to exp 3. Then scroll down that list and make sure you set auto engage to fast. You shouldn't have to worry about setting a bypass switch as the wah will engage as soon as you step on the pedal and disengage when you step off.

There is another setting you have to change on the mfc to enable the second expression to work correctly. I cannot remember exactly where it is in the menu of the mfc as I don't have the manual in front of me, but if you look at my old posts you will find the answer as I had the same problem a little while back.

Another thing to check is that you have the wires correct into the SP1. That may be the reason why you cannot set up the foot switch correctly.

I would follow the video you mentioned exactly as it helped me out and I am using all the latest firmware too.

Good luck :)

I think I found the problem, seems it was a bad cable man what are the odds for that ..
I ordered a couple of stereo patch cables the other day, and since they hadn't arrived yet,
I used a bunch of "converters and used rca cables" just while waiting .. but one of those apparently was
no good so I am not expecting anything until I get new cables .

I got the second pedal working by switching out the cable so ..

thank you very much for helping me

you all have a good one

//Kenneth

always check the cables first! 90% of the time it's the cable that's a problem :)

glad you enjoyed my video.

When checked my IO menu on my axe fx I got the EXT CTRL 1 = 7
EXT CTRL 2 = 14
EXT CTRL 3 = 18

these values are not the default values. you or someone changed them. this is ok as long as those CC#s ( 7 14 and 18 ) aren't used by some other parameter.

any reason you changed these from the default? again, it's ok, since you have your MFC also set to these values. i just hope you don't run into problems later.

as for setting up the wah, i do cover that in another video here:

MFC-101 & Axe-FX II – Setting up Expression Pedals | Katsu Kuri Media Blog

Back
Top Bottom