Newbie question about hooking axefx2 to my babyface

efx

Inspired
Hi all,

My apogee duet died unexpectedly the other day so I had to go out and buy a new card. I decided after hearing good things about it to pick up the RME babyface.
I'm not very good with cables and the like and even after reading and searching the forum I am running into some issues that I'd like some help with.

On the apogee I simply ran the unbalanced inputs from the unbalanced outs on the axefx and everything was fine. I also ran the usb on the axefx2 to my IMAC for reamping which worked just dandy.

I notice I don't have those inputs on the babyface. It seems my options are SPDIF or the AES/EBU.
If I wanted to use the spdif I'd need a converter in the middle right? As it seems the babyface uses an optical connection and the axefx uses rca. The AES/EBU I've never used so I don't know anything about it either.

I lack any of these cables so before I run out and buy any imaginable cable I'd love to hear some recommendations or maybe if I'm missing something obvious. Any help for someone pretty new to this like me would be greatly appreciated :)

Thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom