Newbie question about firmware and presets

Stringmanipulator

Power User
Hello all,

I saw there was an update to firmware 9.01b and just want to make sure is it safe to use axe edit to upload the firmware?

and second do I need to update the presets to the latest ones to get full benefit from the new firmware?

I found a great guide on youtube about updating firmware, but I don't know how to upload the presets,
read a little about uploading them via midi but it seemed very technical to me being a newbie ..

I take it it is not safe to use axe edit to update presets?

thanks for taking time to read these possibly stupid questions, I'm just afraid
to do something to sc*** up my awesome axe fx II

thanks //Kenneth:p

It is safe to use Axe-Edit to update the firmware.

Officially, it's probably not safe to use it to update the presets, but I've done it without a problem, so far at least. Before I did I backed up my existing presets to the the internal flash ROM so I could easily restore them in case anything went wrong. Note that if Axe-Edit messes up doing this it doesn't actually hurt anything, it just screws up the presets.

The new presets have been optimized for the new firmware, but the old ones will work fine in case you aren't ready to update them.

Danny W.

Thank you very much for answering, I ended up following the guide on the midi ox since I'm on a pc,
everything seemed to work fine, but I really don't know how to check it. I have not made any changes whatsoever
to anything other than updated the firmware and now the presets so I know I didn't mess up custom settings or anything

thanks for helping me.

you all have a good one

//Kenneth

Back
Top Bottom