newbie MFC question

pamisano

Inspired
Thinking about making the plunge from Voodoo Labs GCP to Fractal Audio MFC-101...but have one question.

So does the MFC-101 "sync" with the AxeFx? By "sync" I mean, one of the downfalls with the Voodoo Labs GCP is that if I switch presets using either the front panel of the AxeFx or Axe Edit, and then push a button on the GCP it will go back to the preset assigned to that button.

What I am wondering is if I change a preset on the AxeFx either via the front panel or by using Axe Edit, does the MFC-101 compensate for that change? i.e., with the MFC-101 default to the preset number to match the AxeFx?

Context: So I play in a cover band, and depending upon the mood of the crowd, we may rearrange the set list. I have my AxeFx and GCP programmed in order of the suggested set list. However, in the event that we jump to a song in another set, as was the case this weekend, I know have to do the pedal dance to try and get from preset 10 to preset 30. Using Axe Edit or Axe for Lemur works great, but the GCP is then taken out of the picture and if I have a lead patch for that song I can't use the GCP I have to use Axe Edit or Lemur to make the change. Which of course means removing my hands from the guitar.

Thanks,

Pete

yes. there is a "TotalSync" mode that will keep them both on the same Preset if you change from the Axe or MFC.

so does that sync account for the surrounding presets and/or bank, so if I have preset 1 - clean, 2 - crunch and 3 - lead, and I switch to preset 2 via AxeFx with button 3 on the MFC then change to the lead patch so I can still just tap button 3 for leads?

Thanks for the quick response!

Pete

i think the bank does change with the MFC... so when you are on preset 257, then roll to preset 2 on the axe, i'm pretty sure preset 3 is the button to the right of 2 on the mfc...

maybe someone should confirm though :)

i think the bank does change with the MFC... so when you are on preset 257, then roll to preset 2 on the axe, i'm pretty sure preset 3 is the button to the right of 2 on the mfc...

maybe someone should confirm though :)

Correct. It is a true Totalsync. There are other pedals that do things the MFC101 can't, but this brainless syncing feature is why I got another MFC101. Once you set your IA switches on the MFC, you don't have to do any further programming on it. About 1/2 hour of work and then you're done.
-
Austin

Back
Top Bottom