Newbie making first patches

BigRalphN

Inspired
i am attempting to make some of my own patches. It is my first attempt. So far everything I am attempting sounds real dark. I am using Fender amp clones and have tried various IRs. I have to be missing something. Volume is also low but I am sure that is just turning up amp volume a little. It just be that there are so many more amp adjustments than what I am used to coming from the Helix that I need to dive in more. Any tips would be welcome.

i am attempting to make some of my own patches. It is my first attempt. So far everything I am attempting sounds real dark. I am using Fender amp clones and have tried various IRs. I have to be missing something. Volume is also low but I am sure that is just turning up amp volume a little. It just be that there are so many more amp adjustments than what I am used to coming from the Helix that I need to dive in more. Any tips would be welcome.

Maybe start with one of the factory presets and leave the original preset on the Amp X while you mess around on the Y to see what is different and how it affects the sound when you change settings?

Jens

just use the first amp page until you have a good grasp on whats going one, there really is no need to edit all the advanced pages to get good tones. If it sounds to dark turn back the bass turn up the mids etc. tweak with your ears not you eyes. do not worry if it sounds better with something turned all the way up or all the way down. level your patch with the vu meter. if it sounds good it is good.

just use the first amp page until you have a good grasp on whats going one, there really is no need to edit all the advanced pages to get good tones. If it sounds to dark turn back the bass turn up the mids etc. tweak with your ears not you eyes. do not worry if it sounds better with something turned all the way up or all the way down. level your patch with the vu meter. if it sounds good it is good.

Thanks. Will do.. The other possibility was the IR was dark as I think I used the same one on both Presets I made. I will try adjustments first. If it stays dark I will swap IRs

Last edited:
Pick someone's else's preset that you really like and dissect it.

Start by disabling all the blocks except amp and cab. See if it still sounds good.

Then go into the amp block basic page and see what is going on there and try to mimic it. etc.

Getting there. It wasn't the IR. I used some eq and it helped a lot. It is better but still to dark. I am going to try to make a second one totally different to see if the issue repeats itself. My setup tends to be a tad dark which does not help. I need to check out some new monitors.

Back
Top Bottom