Newbie FM3 Question: XLR out 1 to FRFR108

sfla99

Hi all,

My first post, I am brand new to fractal and the FM3, in fact so new it does not arrive till tomorrow, but I was curious about connecting this to my FM3, I have a standard 10' balanced XLR (Microphone) cable and was hoping to use this to go out from the FM3 to input 1 of the FRFR108, however, I tested this with my HX stomp I currently have and even though I had that out of the stomp set to line, the volume was insanely low, I swapped to a standard 1/4" cable and the sound was literally 10x from the XLR, so with that all being said and I apologize for my inexperience in this area, is the balanced XLR what I need or should I be using a different cable type for this setup?

Thanks in advance!

Read through section 4 in the manual. The Out 1 outputs on the FM3 are XLR, so then, in the global settings, adjust the OUT 1 settings to +4dB.

I had a Stomp, but that was years ago. I can only compare the output from my FX3 to my EV and Red Sound FRFR, and the +4dB setting is really loud with them.

Thanks, I have been reading a lot and watching tons of getting started videos in preparation for tomorrows delivery, the fractal system is complex and vast and being relatively new to modeling and especially fractal there is a lot to learn.

Back
Top Bottom