Newb Incoming!

theronius

Duck! :D

Just wanted to drop a note and thank you all for the great info you've posted in all the forums- I've been lurking for a couple of weeks, ever since a buddy loaned me his Axe-FX Ultra for a couple of gigs. Needless to say, after experiencing a slight fraction of everything possible, I was hooked.... and have been dumping unused gear on eBay like mad to fund an Ultra. Finished up this morning, and just ordered it... of course, being heavily impatient, I selected Next Day Air so I should get it tomorrow afternoon. :)

Also decided to go the amp/cab route rather than FRFR for now, so I ordered up an Avatar 2x12 cab with Celestion Lead 80's and a Rocktron Velocity 300. Rounded it out with an FCB1010 (and bought the UNO chip) for control, all of which is also en route.

Anyway, thought I'd introduce myself, since I'll probably have lots of stupid questions in the coming weeks, and will probably post from time to time. I'm giddy with excitement and probably won't be able to sleep much tonight... just like a little kid at Christmastime! LOL!

Thanks again for all your help!!!

Thanks, guys! The Ultra arrived yesterday! Waiting on the Rocktron amp to plug it into the full rig, but explored the presets last night through my Alesis Monitor One monitors, and they sounded pretty damn good, considering all I did was plug the ultra into my mixing board and fire it up.

Can't wait to get the full rig going, get my midi interface up, start tweaking patches... and hopefully remember to sleep and eat in there somewhere... have to remind my girlfriend to check on me once in awhile... :lol:

Welcome theronis,
Eating and sleeping seem to loose appeal for awhile after getting the Ultra. Enjoy and please keep us posted on your thoughts and opinions as time goes by.

Ed :p

Happy Ultra owner for about 4 weeks. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom