New Yamaha THR II series

The wireless calabilities of the built-in Line 6 G10 transmitter/charger on the wireless models is very cool.

Last edited:
I don't know if I care about the wireless. For how I use my little THR, which is when I want to casually sit around in the living room, or out on the deck/camping/beach, having a cable isn't big deal. The new amp models might be better, and there are more of them. If I didn't have one yet, it would be a nice purchase, but I don't know if it's worth upgrading for me personally.

...👯‍♀️👯‍♀️ ...Abso-freakin’-lutey want one! ...My original THR is one of my favorite things. So cool that they released an updated version!

So these use the G10 wireless? What about the newer, updated G10S - of which I have 4??? The transmitter in the video above LOOKS like the one from my G10Ss. So, will my G10S transmitters work with these, or do I need to buy a separate (and outdated) G10?

Your G10S should work fine, after all isn't it the base, not the dongle that was upgraded.
I loved my THR10 C and X's, bounced them out for other stuff. I have a pre order in with Sweetwater. They ship 10/23/19.
Always loved Yamaha stuff. Still have a DG80 that I converted into a head unit.

Your G10S should work fine, after all isn't it the base, not the dongle that was upgraded.
I loved my THR10 C and X's, bounced them out for other stuff. I have a pre order in with Sweetwater. They ship 10/23/19.
Always loved Yamaha stuff. Still have a DG80 that I converted into a head unit.

Thanks for the info. Yes, the dongle looks the same, but I was just wondering about the frequency bands used and whether or not the THR would have the auto channel linking like the G10S base does. Will certainly be trying one of these monsters whenever they get to Australia :)

Every once in a while over the decades, releases like this remind me that Yamaha as a whole has put out an incredible breadth of product, both in the music industry and well beyond...really don’t think there is a comparable company....hell, I woulda been satisfied if they had stopped at the SPX 90........

The one thing that always annoyed me about the THR10 series was that you had to buy separate amps if you wanted all the tones. A regular one, a classic and a high gain. From what I see in Anderton's review, the THR10-2 will have all the amps in one unit. That's enough to make me go to Guitar Center this weekend, trade in my THR10 and THR10-X (already sold my THR10-C) and preorder the new one.

I may be incorrect here as it calls out the G10T dongle. I don't know if that is compatible with the older G10(what I have).
I have a set of Xvive's that I like better for around the house, so no urgency if the older version doesn't work.

Just got conformation from Frank Ritchotte of L6-Yamaha that the older wireless from the G10S will work. I swear the guy stands at the top of a virtual mountain, waiting for questions over at TGP. One of the few reasons to go on there. We all know how they feel about us FAS'rs over there.:eek:😆

Now I'm confuzzled - the "older wireless" would surely be the one from the G10, yes? The G10S is the newer version with the stomp-sized base station. Or are my aging grey cells starting to fail? ;)

I will agree , the original “looked” better , otherwise they took it to the next level. It’s a shame that they didn’t include a usb slot - to record ideas , and a way to change channels from a foot switch.

I will agree , the original “looked” better , otherwise they took it to the next level. It’s a shame that they didn’t include a usb slot - to record ideas , and a way to change channels from a foot switch.

Not sure what you mean. It does have a USB interface and acts like an audio interface on a PC/Mac. You can save/load patches via their editor, and use any recording software with it.

I agree a footswitch would have been nice, and if they really wanted to take it to the next level, a built in looper.

Not sure what you mean. It does have a USB interface and acts like an audio interface on a PC/Mac. You can save/load patches via their editor, and use any recording software with it.

I agree a footswitch would have been nice, and if they really wanted to take it to the next level, a built in looper.
I think he means a USB host port so you could plug in a USB key and record direct from the amp.

Got my hands on the THR30ii today. My first impressions are that I still love the form factor. Out of the box though, I'm not overly impressed with the high gain sounds mainly. Cleans are just fine but my old THR10X sounded much better from memory. I have the editor and trying to dial in a good high gain that just doesnt sound muddy is proving challenging. Maybe my ears are too spoiled from Axe and I'm asking too much from this lil guy

Back
Top Bottom