New XL - No MFC Names

joe1871

Inspired
Hey Folks - I am too psyched to play and too lazy to search for this topic. I just loaded my brand new XL with 16.02 - came w 16.01... and fired it up. The Axe seems OK (some noise I have to investigate) but I am not getting any names on my MFC Mark II. I was under the impression the MFC Mark II is completely compatible with the Axe XL with the exception of the XLR cable. Am I wrong? Any idea what may be going on? Should I re-flash the MFC? There isn't separate firmware for the XL for the MFC is there? I looked at the FAS site and it does not appear that way.

The MFC is reading "AXE-FX NAME TIMEOUT!" fwiw.

Thanks

Joe

If you are too lazy to read the manual that describes how to set things up, then I'm too lazy to help you.

That attitude won't get you anywhere with the axe, that's all I'm saying.

Sorry guys - used the wrong term. Not a newb, been here for 7 or 8 years - since early Ultra days. This is my 4th Axe. Chris - you are the most helpful guy on this board! Throw me a freakin bone here people!

And btw - the manual isn't exactly well indexed. Finding things in the manual is not the easiest thing. The wiki says "Read the manual" for the fix for the MFC Name Timeout message. Doesn't say which manual - the Axe manual or the MFC. I found the answer. Thanks

If you really didn't mean the word "lazy," then I apologize for my reaction.

No problem Chris - just remember that most of Fractal's documentation and media says the Forum is a great place to get help. It doesn't say RTM and then go to the forum. The forum is really the default support site. I know our support group where I work could never get away with telling a customer to read the manual. The forum isn't just for the most interesting questions, its for all the questions. And even if I was too lazy to read the manual, I should still be able to come here and get help. Perhaps a forum section for "Beginners and Setup Questions" or something would help. Interesting though, I find it odd that you Chris, who has made several videos about the use of the Axe and the MFC for topics that can be explained by reading the manual would tell someone to read the manual. Why did you make the videos if its in the manual? Perhaps the manual can be ambiguous and you were trying to clarify? Of course - and you did a tremendous job of it - your videos have saved me several times.

Sorry to rant - you just took some of my buzz away from new AxeFX day. I am over it now.

Joe

Back
Top Bottom