New Xitones are in!

SteveW

Experienced
My new 2 x 12 Passive wedges arrived yesterday...and I spent some time trying to dial them in. Obviously a very perceptible difference over guitar cabs and more accurate reproduction of the tone I'm trying to achieve.

I was using a Mesa 4 x 12 cab, (Cab SIMS off) which was obviously limited in terms of tone, then I switched to a set of Bose QC15 headphones (Cab SIMS on) until my Xitones arrived.

My headphones had the tones I was trying to get, right off the bat. The Xitones are part of the way there, but I am sure will take as long for me to dial in as the Axe did over time.

I started with a global EQ block on Out 1 and am going to EQ the shit out of it until I get the same tone as my headphones, which for me are where I want to be, but I am sure I'll get the wedges right there!

Meantime - they do sound awesome and I can see the potential and value of an FRFR. Mick was a great guy to deal with and I doubt there was even one instance where he didn't get back to me in a heartbeat. I 1st ordered the 1 x 12 passive Wedges, and then at some point just before he was scheduled to build them - changed them to 2 x 12's instead...and that delayed things, but he was very good about everything and was very prompt / professional and courteous!

The units are built like tanks and look like they can withstand major impact! Quality of the product / build is at 100%. These puppies aren't lightweight, but I don't care, as they're for permanent use in my home only.

They sound great, but as I said, will take me a while to dial in. It took me a very long time to dial in my Axe FX too, but in the end, it was well worth the effort! And I am sure this will be as well.

I highly recommend Xitones and Mick has yet another satisfied customer!

Last edited:
Congrats! I ordered two and stuffed V30/60s in them, sound bitchen. Im fighting tooth and nail not to go FRFR.

IMHO Mick and his products do not get enough credit. He is awesome to work with and will make what you want. How can you beat that?

Yep, I got 2 1st generation active wedges and they have never failed me, but I reckon the newer ones are more awesome...the open back 10" is a tempting option .....

Back
Top Bottom