New Video Tutorial: AX8 - Beyond Basics Extra - Footswitch Strategies

I ordered early enough to get the switch video for free, but am curious as exactly what my $10 gets me moving forward.
I'm just a little confused as to what's what. I've followed the threads as best I can, but i've missed something probably. If i'm just really obtuse no need to reply :D

Thanks for the great support, BTW.
If you pre-ordered the Beyond Basics series between May 1-8, you got this video for free. It is $10 right now for those who didn't get it for free. No reason to buy this if you already have it.

I have at least 1 more video to produce for everyone who pre-ordered, details in the first post.

Hey Chris, Just finished watching your videos, I found them really informative and they helped me set my rig up. I do have a question regarding scenes though.

My current setup from 1 - 4 I have scenes and I have a delay block that I can switch when I want to. I was wondering if I use scene 1 and turn the delay on say pedal 6 then go to scene 2 and back to scene 1 the delay is still on. How can I have the delay turn off when I go back to scene 1.

Attachments

• AX8 Scene Setup.jpg
    AX8 Scene Setup.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Hello Chris, any updates on the remaining videos?
at this point all i can do is profusely apologize for not having completed the rest of the videos. i am in a situation similar to what you recently shared, so i just don't have time right now. i have no ETA, but will definitely finish it. there isn't much more to say about it. again, i'm very sorry it is not done and is taking so long.

at this point all i can do is profusely apologize for not having completed the rest of the videos. i am in a situation similar to what you recently shared, so i just don't have time right now. i have no ETA, but will definitely finish it. there isn't much more to say about it. again, i'm very sorry it is not done and is taking so long.

ohhh, sorry to hear that Chris, i understand completly.

Hey Chris,

Something would not let me send you a message directly. I just wanted to say I miss your input on the forum. I know life is throwing you challenges from your posts, so I sincerely hope all is well.

P.S. - I picked up a used Majesty after seeing your videos. Very nice guitar.

All the best,

Christophe

hi. not the best.

re: video i'm scheduling time for the remaining video but have no estimated date yet.

thanks for checking in.

Hope things get where you want them sooner than later Chris. I have learned so much from your input, old and new.

Regards
Frank

New to Fractal and also looking for help getting started. So it looks like this beyond the basics series never got finished and Chris stopped updating his website. Not sure I can even order the tutorials or not now, but would like too. I pm'd Chris but haven't heard back. Looks like his tutorials were/are the best but again, not sure the website will even take orders (or deliver the videos if I order). My other question to Chris wa how applicable the videos will be now given all the FW updates. Any thoughts?

New to Fractal and also looking for help getting started. So it looks like this beyond the basics series never got finished and Chris stopped updating his website. Not sure I can even order the tutorials or not now, but would like too. I pm'd Chris but haven't heard back. Looks like his tutorials were/are the best but again, not sure the website will even take orders (or deliver the videos if I order). My other question to Chris wa how applicable the videos will be now given all the FW updates. Any thoughts?

Did you see the thread by Smittfar at the beginning of the ax8 discussion top news?

Sorry I've had a major back injury and can't move around too well these days.

My videos are still available here: https://axefxtutorials.selz.com/

Almost everything is current and still applicable. A main difference is that the VU meter for level setting is in the Main menu screen with FS, Layout, etc. rather than the Utility menu.

Chris - thanks for the reply and really sorry to hear about your back injury. Hopefully you are on he mend.

Hi Chris,
Hope your back is feeling and functioning better. I see your posts from time to time on the forum. I hope that's a good sign regarding your healing progress.
I'm really looking forward to your watching your explanations and insights of the topics listed for the second video, as soon as you're able.
All the best,
Christophe

Hi @chris
Any news for us on your timeline for the remaining video? I'm sure it's tough with a new Axe III in the room, but we miss the insight your videos provide for us old school AX8 folks.
Thanks in advance for any updates.

Back
Top Bottom