New v.10 UBER, impressions, opinions?

Cthulhu

How does the reworked Uberschall model reacts/plays?

I can not update my Axe right now, but I am very curious about this matter, because it is my main amp, and always thougth it could be closer to the real one than what it was pre v.10...

Also, anyone knows what version of the Uberschall is the one Cliff used for modeling it? the newer one? the blue led one? green one????

Without any post EQ I had the best Metal Rhythm tone I have heard in a room. I have struggled before having to use multiple eq's etc. This has been by far the best thing that has happened to the Axe for me. It sounds HUGE but remains very tight.

at first i thought "hang on all my patches sound like ass", but that was because on the reworked presence control. With a bit of tweaking its fine. And the high gain models seem a bit clearer and more natural sounding in the highs because of it IMO. I haven't used any of the new model additions because I'm happy with what I already have but it's a noticeable tonal improvement

i think it sounds better, more of the growl, so i guess the flack was worth it. will have some more time this week to mess with it more... thanks Cliff.

I’ve got to go back and listen a little more critically, but my first impressions are that it is definitely better. Although that makes it sound like I didn't like it before, and I really did ! But the new presence modeling seems to have an effect. At least it seems to have more “bite” than I remember. Which is definitely what I wanted ....

The Acid test to me is what Mark Day thinks ….

I guess some could say that he’s not dialing up the “prototypical” Uber type tone, but what he is doing is very cool in it’s own right !

As others have stated, I think it is much improved. I'm sure due in part to the presence modeling, though the low end seems much easier to control now and the mids sit better. I was suprised to see the stock setting for the damping is now fully maxxed out!

JR

I used to have to mockup with the advanced parameters a bit and change the tone stack to end before.

Not anymore!

All default params, just up the presence a bit, instant chugga tone, lynch like highs.

Where's the Uberschall model? I don't see it on Axe Edit amp list or on the my Ultra

Is it me?

Am I missing something? :?: :roll: :oops: :)

It makes me very happy to see this new uber model, and it does have that signature uberschall growl where the old one didn't IMO. Still trying to figure out the best mic configuration for it though, thats something that gives me a gigantic headache. Any suggestions?

I noticed some rather odd surging and pumping (just a cab & amp - no other effects) when holding an open E chord at higher gains - that may well be a very cool feature... but I'm not certain! :lol:

marvinx said:
Does the presence control work like the real one now like you wanted alberta?
~mx~

I think it was somebody else that wanted that. I have no idea if it works like the real Uber.

But it doesn't matter much to me, 'cause it sounds really good now with no effort...

Back
Top Bottom