new user wah question

Y'know... the "wah" parameters in the Axe are so incredibly variable I don't know why you'd want to tolerate the aggravation of a Morley on the floor. You can program the Axe to duplicate the Morley pretty exactly. Not that Morleys are a Bad Thing - I've used them myself - but you end up with extra power and signal cords running around that you don't necessarily need. Buncha trip hazards and noise collectors. Sell the Morley and buy either a Mission EP-1 or one of Fractal's new pedals and make your life easier.

Morley makes my favorite wah sound. I think it would be more of a pain to try and program the Axe if specific tone was what you were after.

Morley makes my favorite wah sound. I think it would be more of a pain to try and program the Axe if specific tone was what you were after.

The Axe can achieve basically any tone you want, but yes, you have to program it, but isn't that the point of the unit in the first place ?

I paid all that money for mine because I wanted to be able to achieve basically any tone, from any amp, and any fx unit.

If all I wanted want a specific effects pedal sound, and a given amp sound, probably would of been cheaper to stick with the hardware.

A wah sound is pretty easy to tweak as well, adjust a few parameters to taste and you should be there in a few minutes. I was able to dial in my own prefered custom setting on my Teese RMC3 quite easily

im new to the fractal so I probably did something wrong but I did try the wah parameter and I used a boss ev 500 pedal to work it. Whenever I would engage it, I would loose ALL tone. I mean it would be like going from metallica to merle haggard. maybe I need to put the wah somewhere else in my chain??

There are a lotta adjustments you can make. I would suggest some more experimentation. Don't give up too easily. You really can make the Wah do just about anything. Low freq cutoff, high freq cutoff, curve, throw, etc. I'm not aware of any wah out there that's as versatile.

im new to the fractal so I probably did something wrong but I did try the wah parameter and I used a boss ev 500 pedal to work it. Whenever I would engage it, I would loose ALL tone. I mean it would be like going from metallica to merle haggard. maybe I need to put the wah somewhere else in my chain??

If it changed it other than a wah tone, yes, something's wrong. Once I started working on the wah sounds the Axe FX comes with I have had my other wah pedals (including the Morley) on the shelf. You can adjust every aspect of the sound, response, and on/off control in ways you just can't on a traditional pedal. For me, there isn't a reason to even think of wiring any wah pedal into my setup.

But I do emphasize it's for me. If someone else just flat likes the sound of a wah pedal between their guitar and amp, by all means they should use one; it won't offend me!

Back
Top Bottom