New user needs help, something’s not right.

I'm not sure where you get the links to post but they consistently show up badly in Safari on iPad and iPhone.

View attachment 117286

I suspect it doesn't support iframes...
Yeah - saw someone else use that Vocaroo service on here the other day and they looked OK. I am just copying the "embed code" link from the page. I don't do clips often so I don't know of a more reliable way offhand, short of setting up a Soundcloud page which doesn't seem worth the effort.

I will refrain from posting additional unsightly clips until I figure out the issue.

Thanks.

Yeah - saw someone else use that Vocaroo service on here the other day and they looked OK. I am just copying the "embed code" link from the page. I don't do clips often so I don't know of a more reliable way offhand, short of setting up a Soundcloud page which doesn't seem worth the effort.

I will refrain from posting additional unsightly clips until I figure out the issue.

Thanks.
No worries - just wanted to mention it.

Just out of curiosity I recorded quick clips using the Axe cab block and a cab loader in a DAW (same IR - no extra processing - room/smooth/eq in the cab block - to see if they sounded significantly different.

<div><iframe width="300" height="60" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay"></iframe><br><a href="" title="Vocaroo Voice Recorder" target="_blank">View on Vocaroo &gt;&gt;</a></div>

<div><iframe width="300" height="60" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay"></iframe><br><a href="" title="Vocaroo Voice Recorder" target="_blank">View on Vocaroo &gt;&gt;</a></div>

Is this consistent with your experience? Appreciate that you have gone to support, I am just curious.

Thanks.

Do you know which is which? I’m just listening right now with cheap earbuds but the second one sounds tighter on the bottom. Really pretty close though.

"Dweezil’s gilt of tone preset really accentuates what I am hearing. Would somebody mind posting an audio file of that preset with no post work so I can compare with what somebody else is experiencing I’m playing a 1960 reissue Les Paul with stock pickups, so lower output. Thanks"

Pure shits n giggles:

Nice! Thanks for sharing. Yeah that preset is not even close to that for me. It’s really bassy and flubby. Not that kind of gain either. I’ll try to post a file tomorrow. I’ve been slammed.

My first thought was Wah block is on OR cab actually not on because I remember when I got my first FAS (FM3) I though this sounds like pissed off bees and then I learrned...but I'll stay out of it...if you can't get help from these guys you are in trouble.

I know FAS has the audio files, but still, this community often acts as a second tech support group, very very quickly. Inevitably someone has a moment to look at your stuff and compare. I recommend for any problem to post the preset, IR (or let us know what it is if it's third party), audio clip, plus the dry track of your guitar. With this, someone would most likely have an answer for you within a few hours.

And I know you've mentioned a specific preset available to all, but still an audio clip as well as the dry guitar track would probably have your answer before you know it.

My first thought was Wah block is on OR cab actually not on because I remember when I got my first FAS (FM3) I though this sounds like pissed off bees and then I learrned...but I'll stay out of it...if you can't get help from these guys you are in trouble.
It’s there to some degree on every preset, even those those with no wah block. I’m new to AxeFx but I’ve been using IRs for years.

I know FAS has the audio files, but still, this community often acts as a second tech support group, very very quickly. Inevitably someone has a moment to look at your stuff and compare. I recommend for any problem to post the preset, IR (or let us know what it is if it's third party), audio clip, plus the dry track of your guitar. With this, someone would most likely have an answer for you within a few hours.

And I know you've mentioned a specific preset available to all, but still an audio clip as well as the dry guitar track would probably have your answer before you know it.
Audio files are coming as soon as I get home and have a minute.

Thanks.
Don't use the embed code, just click the "copy to clipboard" icon and paste it in a post, that's all it takes. :)

Do you know which is which? I’m just listening right now with cheap earbuds but the second one sounds tighter on the bottom. Really pretty close though.
Second is the IR (YA MES 412 OS Mix 1) loaded in Studio One.

Small low end diff could be due to me leaving the PEQ on in the Axe post cab block.

Nice! Thanks for sharing. Yeah that preset is not even close to that for me. It’s really bassy and flubby. Not that kind of gain either. I’ll try to post a file tomorrow. I’ve been slammed.
I could have done a better job trying to match the guitar you said you were using - I do have a few Les Paul copies. I used a custom built Mahogany Tele, flame maple top, wenge neck, roasted maple board, BKP Old Guard bridge bucker. It is what I happened to be playing at the time.

Interestingly, I hated the way it sounded while I was playing it, but it actually sound pretty good on playback - expect for my playing which was atrociously sloppy.

I’m thinking a good test might be to produce a DI file on a known healthy system. Re-amp that file on the same system producing an audio file and re-amp the DI file on my box. Obviously need to be running the same firmware and preset. This removes variables such as guitar, pickups, cables, etc. The audio files should be identical. If they are then the issue has to be between the pickups and whatever stage in the AxeFx the re-amping process starts. If they are different then we know without a doubt there is an issue with the Axe.

Thanks.

Don't use the embed code link. Just copy the share URL and post it using the Media button on the forum here. It will embed it for you.

1678325237119.png

Back
Top Bottom