New user needs help, something’s not right.

I found Frank Meuler’s preset videos. They sound great. I’m not even in the ballpark. The problem seems to be in the cab section. If I disable the cab on the AxeFx and run it through Torpedo in Logic it’s a completely different experience. I’ll get with support.
Go to an empty preset, add this chain:

IN1 -> Amp 1 -> Cab 1 -> Reverb 1 -> OUT1.

Nothing else. Now go to the Cab block and pick any 4x12 IR from the factory IRs. For the amp pick whatever you like.

This should sound at least halfway decent.

A sound clip would really help.

Go to an empty preset, add this chain:

IN1 -> Amp 1 -> Cab 1 -> Reverb 1 -> OUT1.

Nothing else. Now go to the Cab block and pick any 4x12 IR from the factory IRs. For the amp pick whatever you like.

This should sound at least halfway decent.

A sound clip would really help.
I found the FullRes IRs in block 3&4. Newbie error. I’m sending an audio file over to support. Thanks!

Just out of curiosity I recorded quick clips using the Axe cab block and a cab loader in a DAW (same IR - no extra processing - room/smooth/eq in the cab block - to see if they sounded significantly different.

<div><iframe width="300" height="60" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay"></iframe><br><a href="" title="Vocaroo Voice Recorder" target="_blank">View on Vocaroo &gt;&gt;</a></div>

<div><iframe width="300" height="60" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay"></iframe><br><a href="" title="Vocaroo Voice Recorder" target="_blank">View on Vocaroo &gt;&gt;</a></div>

Is this consistent with your experience? Appreciate that you have gone to support, I am just curious.

Thanks.

I had emailed support to see if the same IR loaded in a cab block and in Logic should sound the same. They said yeah just make sure to reset the cab block to zero it out. Is that what you did? I see 4 play frames in your post but 2 are X out.

Hi,

Yes - you should reset the cab block - or just go through the tabs and make sure there is no additional processing active - low/high cuts, smoothing, proximity, room etc... These parameters will add additional processing and obviously skew the result. You could also use the IR Player block which has fewer variables.

First time using Vocaroo - not sure what is up with the X'd out frames - there are only 2 samples so just ignore the X'd out ones. I should have balanced the volumes better as Sample A seems a little louder, but I think the comparison stands.

Are you noticing a more drastic difference than what my samples demonstrate?

Thanks.

Color me a dumbass - I had a PEQ in the Axe patch rolling off some low end - so that accounts for why the DAW clip was mushier (or fuller, depending on how you like it) than the Axe clip. The PEQ was post cab in the Axe clip and would have been pre cab in the DAW clip - so enough to account for a difference for sure. Doh!

I can get the Axe presets sounding better with some tweaks. I do a low cut around 100 and then lower the gain with a narrow Q around 8000 to kill this horrible buzz around there. It’s the same on every preset which seems weird to me.

Loaded an IR in the AxeFx and reset the cab block. Loaded the same IR in WOS in Logic and disabled cab processing in the AxeFx. The issue still exists with IR in the AxeFx, it does not exist with the IR in WOS in Logic. So the issue seems to be in the cab I guess. Support has audio files and is working on it.

Loaded an IR in the AxeFx and reset the cab block. Loaded the same IR in WOS in Logic and disabled cab processing in the AxeFx. The issue still exists with IR in the AxeFx, it does not exist with the IR in WOS in Logic. So the issue seems to be in the cab I guess. Support has audio files and is working on it.
Are you placing the Cab in the same place in the signal chain in both cases?

Depending on what comes before or after, the Cab position can matter.

I’m trying. I don’t understand what you meant by post a preset. All presets exhibit the same behavior.
I think at this point you should try recording a screenshare with an empty profile and capturing the audio so we can see what's up. It's very hard to help you this way.

Dweezil’s gilt of tone preset really accentuates what I am hearing. Would somebody mind posting an audio file of that preset with no post work so I can compare with what somebody else is experiencing I’m playing a 1960 reissue Les Paul with stock pickups, so lower output. Thanks.

"Dweezil’s gilt of tone preset really accentuates what I am hearing. Would somebody mind posting an audio file of that preset with no post work so I can compare with what somebody else is experiencing I’m playing a 1960 reissue Les Paul with stock pickups, so lower output. Thanks"

Pure shits n giggles:

"Dweezil’s gilt of tone preset really accentuates what I am hearing. Would somebody mind posting an audio file of that preset with no post work so I can compare with what somebody else is experiencing I’m playing a 1960 reissue Les Paul with stock pickups, so lower output. Thanks"

Pure shits n giggles:

I'm not sure where you get the links to post but they consistently show up badly in Safari on iPad and iPhone.

66F1B997-9992-4217-BF06-7F9136F6EC95.jpeg

I suspect it doesn't support iframes...

Back
Top Bottom