New User (Help!)

jl.wild

Hello!
This is the first time that I use digital systems. Recently bought my fm3 for practice and recording little things.

I need monitors for my small room (or headphones?)

I saw the ik iloud micro monitor...it´s a good choice?

Greetings!

Never used them before but looking at them you would need cables to convert your XLR or TRS outputs to RCA or 1/8 TRS. It looks like the right speaker has a link to the left speaker. I personally like to have my outputs direct to each monitor. There are lots of opinions on this forum, if you do a quick search on studio monitors or headphones you see tons of threads.

I personally use a pair of Yamaha HS8 for studio monitors.
I personally use a pair of HifiMan HE400se headphones.

There are lots of options out there.

Hi there, Monitors are always subject to your individual needs, and feeling about how you "hear" music.
So hard to say that this is the go to pair. I am using JBL 305 and they work fine for me, also in terms of value for money they are good, Sure there are better ones out there. Its a decission about how much money you are willing to spend for a pair ?
Same aplies to headphones I am using Beyerdynamics DT770, but there are a lot good headphones out ther, so you have to try for yourself. Order some and try almost every company has a 30 days money back option. Also take a look at Videos from Leon todd he is using a post Amp Filter when using headphones as the acoustic curve is not linear in how our ears are working at different volumes. I know this might not be your desired answer. Just my experiance on this topic.

If you have the room for them, the JBL LSR305s are great. If you buy used, you could likely sell them for what you paid later on if you want to upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom