New User anticipating setup etc...

dutchvc

Hi All! Glad to be here
I'm anticipating arrival of my AxeFX3 MKII turbo this week or so. Bought used and I got a FC6 with it. I will be using it all in conjunction with my Boss ES-8 to switch midi channels
My question is, I was thinking of using the FC6 within presets or patches or whatever it's called in this new world for me to just use all the buttons to turn on and off effects. So every time a patch changes, the FC6 shows the effects right away and I can change them, Is this possible?
Thanks!

Yes. You can create effects layouts for the FC-6 that will let you turn effects on and off. You can make global layouts that will show the same effects for all presets, or use per-preset switches that let you define which effects show for each preset.

Once you have it all in your hands and get familiar with what is possible on the FC6, You might find that you really don't need the Boss unit. Especially if you add a one or two simple dual-button foot switches, setup as 'stand-in' switches. They can do everything that the built-in switches can do (just without an LED status indication). Great for things like Tap Tempo/Tuner, 'Layout' and/or 'View' selecting/toggling, advancing through songs in setlists, Control Switches, etc..

Once you have it all in your hands and get familiar with what is possible on the FC6, You might find that you really don't need the Boss unit. Especially if you add a one or two simple dual-button foot switches, setup as 'stand-in' switches. They can do everything that the built-in switches can do (just without an LED status indication). Great for things like Tap Tempo/Tuner, 'Layout' and/or 'View' selecting/toggling, advancing through songs in setlists, Control Switches, etc..
I use the boss for more than just Midi; I use it for loop switching of pedals, the now fractal in and around FX loops for two different amps in conjunction with my KHE 4x4FX etc. It's pretty involved. I'm replacing my HX Stomp with the AXE FX, and the HX is going to a different "practice" board now. I also bought the EV2 foot controller.

My next question would be do I plug the EV2 straight into the FC6 then or into my ES-8? Thanks!!
What are you trying to control with it? The Fractals don't pass expression pedal values out as midi, so connected to FC you can only control the Axe Fx.

Connecting to the ES-8 is more flexible if you need to use it to control other midi enabled devices.

What are you trying to control with it? The Fractals don't pass expression pedal values out as midi, so connected to FC you can only control the Axe Fx.

Connecting to the ES-8 is more flexible if you need to use it to control other midi enabled devices.
This will strictly be controlling the Axe. I have a separate volume pedal for overall pre everything volume, another pedal to control my monument walrus trem. so this will just be going to the Axe which I will be using for all the other stuff Axe can do.

This will strictly be controlling the Axe. I have a separate volume pedal for overall pre everything volume, another pedal to control my monument walrus trem. so this will just be going to the Axe which I will be using for all the other stuff Axe can do.
You'll probably be best served connecting to the FC then.

Back
Top Bottom