New user ? about pre/post setup in front of amp only

JamDoc

Inspired
Hi, & thank you in advance for any help.

New user:

I am currently running in front of a DRRI with no E-loop.

Is there a way to 'global change settings on the FX8 so that all presets-effects/routings are set to 'PRE?

Can/do I use the patch cable method to complete the loop? or do/can I change them individually to hear/'use'../choose all the presets ?
(or am I stuck with pre only presets?)

I am a long time amp guy (love em) & the amp I am looking as also has no E-loop. So this will be a issue going forward as I fine tune my tone with the FX8

I play a Strat/paul/Ibanez

I look forward to CC's videos (& others) to help us reach the potential of the FX8

Firmware update 3.0 :eagerness:

JD

Ps. we need more great 'user' patches downloaded

It's not the notes in your music, it's the music in your notes

Last edited:
Check YouTube by AxeFxTutorials title: FX8 Preset Audition Trick - Join Pre/Post

TY

Is this the perm way to use this?

Use this method live?

Ideal setup is obvious 4CM with a E-loop amp, however a lot of us will only use in front of the amp only & want all the presets available

As long as the ^pre/post join is method is going to work I am fine, however I would like to know if we need/can to refigure the patches one by one to all PRE or we have a global setup for PRE only

JD

It's not the notes in your music, it's the music in your notes

I use that "patch cable" method live for my direct to PA setup. If you are ok with everything running as actual "physical" Pre (even though in the unit some are digitally set to Post), then it is ok to use it like that. That patch cable is simply joining the 2 physically separate Pre and Post audio paths.

It's a bit difficult to explain, but it seems you understand.

There is no way to globally change PRE/POST configuration all at once.

Back
Top Bottom