New, Up-to-Date Presets to Purchase

DMP3000

Hi everyone.

I'm sorry if this topic has been done to death somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. I've learned over time that, while I'm a pretty good guitar player, other people are far better sound designers. So, when it comes to matching amps and cabs in new ways, I'm best served by trusting the experts.

So I'm always looking for some good presets packs to buy. I play more Americana - low-gain, mid-gain kind of stuff.

I've found that many of the packs out there seem sort of old, or more focused on high-gain or metal. (I have Austin Buddy's Live Gold, which is nice.)

Has anyone out there recently made any interesting preset packs over the last year or so that you guys think are worth checking out? Thank you.

I'm not trying to be snarky but I wouldn't let the age of a preset be a deterrent to purchasing or checking it out. Also, have you already looked through the preset exchange forum here? @Jon Kaneshiro has some nice stuff you might be interested in. @Burgs is always sharing all sorts of great presets that run the whole gamut. I think he 100% of the time also has demo videos for each one and he always posts them on the axechange site. Jonathon Cordy also has a bunch of presets that might be to your liking and I think you can get unlimited access to his library as he adds to it for a one time small fee. I love this guys presets for twangy stuff but it also might be a fun one to check out. He has a few up on the exchange https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/classic-honky-tonk-country-presets-wanted.197514/post-2475122

Hey. I didn't find that snarky at all (everyone on this forum is so nice). Thank you for the input. I'll check these out. Honestly, I was thinking that, with all the firmware updates, I'd want recent presets . . .

Thank you for this response.

I'm not trying to be snarky but I wouldn't let the age of a preset be a deterrent to purchasing or checking it out. Also, have you already looked through the preset exchange forum here? @Jon Kaneshiro has some nice stuff you might be interested in. @Burgs is always sharing all sorts of great presets that run the whole gamut. I think he 100% of the time also has demo videos for each one and he always posts them on the axechange site. Jonathon Cordy also has a bunch of presets that might be to your liking and I think you can get unlimited access to his library as he adds to it for a one time small fee. I love this guys presets for twangy stuff but it also might be a fun one to check out. He has a few up on the exchange https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/classic-honky-tonk-country-presets-wanted.197514/post-2475122
Thanks so much for the shoutout @ectoplasm88 ! I just released a cool Two Rock Traditional Clean Tone Match pack today. It’s kind of like the Austin Buddy Naked Amp pack except I mic’d up a real Two Rock and used the tone match block to capture it.

Hi everyone.

I'm sorry if this topic has been done to death somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. I've learned over time that, while I'm a pretty good guitar player, other people are far better sound designers. So, when it comes to matching amps and cabs in new ways, I'm best served by trusting the experts.

So I'm always looking for some good presets packs to buy. I play more Americana - low-gain, mid-gain kind of stuff.

I've found that many of the packs out there seem sort of old, or more focused on high-gain or metal. (I have Austin Buddy's Live Gold, which is nice.)

Has anyone out there recently made any interesting preset packs over the last year or so that you guys think are worth checking out? Thank you.
Your observation is correct.

Americana/country has basically no presence in the Fractal ecosystem, either in commercial presets or the userbase.

The tones are definitely achievable, but you're sort of on your own.

@Moke You should have said that you also do some darn good presets yourself.
That's why you're here. :D

I like to maintain a smaller footprint with commercial stuff. It gets annoying. I'd rather let others mention it, if they are so inclined. Probably not a great business strategy. But, it makes for a better Forum experience.

Besides, mine aren't very 'up to date' at the moment. Soon, I hope.

Last edited:
Hi

I can recommend some packs for you, and they are at the latest firmware 👍🏻

The fender one with all the fenders of the unit , clean/crunch/ lead : https://nomashop.bigcartel.com/prod...collection-for-axe-fx-3-fm3-18-amps-54-sounds

Same with The « vox and friends » that have most of the boutique combos with their matching cabs : https://nomashop.bigcartel.com/product/n-k-p-vox-and-friends-hiwatt-dumble-matchless-fuchs

You can also check the Marshall pack, the dynacabs one too…

Even if I do metal stuff too, I take these type of tone seriously, and yeah I am always up to date and send free updates when I improve them .

Have a nice day / night 🎈

@My name is mud seems to be the most up to date in updating his commercial presets with firmware updates. He seems to get on it as soon as new firmware is released. I'm not sure where to hear good demos of his presets from direct recordings, but he might point you to a good place to try them.

Users have reported incredible results from many of the vendors on this forum. It seems like a ton of people love the @austinbuddy presets, as well as @Moke and @ZenRigs Man.

@MirrorProfiles also has some extremely badass sounding presets. Check out his YouTube channel for demos.

@2112's presets always sound fantastic. His presets and IRs are free, and he's demoing new firmware all the time, so whatever new features come out, he's got awesome tutorials for cool ways to use them. If you go to his YouTube channel, it's under Leon Todd. You'll find that usually there's a link to a free preset + IR bundle in the YouTube video description. An invaluable resource is his 5 Minute Tones series, which he also posts on this forum.

Check out @Cooper Carter's videos for great tutorials for how to create particular tones. People really praise his Fractal courses too.

@Burgs presets are incredible and free, and I believe they are mostly on the AxeChange. His YouTube channel is Brett Kingman. I always love hearing him just play for a while.

@Marco Fanton is just a humbling player to listen to, and he has plenty of free up to date presets that sound so damn good. Just search his posts on this forum for the links. Leon, Brett, and Marco are all so good I just like to hear whatever they come up with as musicians.

All these dudes I've mentioned here are very helpful and cool here too, and if you start forum posts with whatever you're trying to achieve at any time, chances are you'll find them chiming in to give you pointers to achieve your goal.

Check out the Presets subforums for the Axe-FX III, FM9, and FM3. You'll find a ton of updated presets that users share, mostly free, with demos of great playing too.

Another great resource that might be overlooked that has a ton of updated presets is the AxeChange, which is all free, and by far the fastest to demo. There are hidden gems in there, and I'm surprised at how little it's discussed on this forum, because it's the best way to share your work.

Finally, search Gift of Tone releases. They are not all up to date with firmware, but they are from the most revered guitarists, usually consulted by @Admin M@. You might find the perfect combination of gear tweaked perfectly from one of your guitar heroes there. Both Matt Picone (@Admin M@) and @Cooper Carter with directly with rock stars and great musicians to dial in Fractal presets, so when they share their work you can break down forensically what's being used.

I'm sure there are vendors I've forgotten to include here, but this is what I've gleaned from reading the forum, so check out the vendor subforum too.

Finally, of course tone is primarily in the fingers, and I think it's absolutely worth it to record dry snippets of your playing to send to a preset creator to ask if they'd be willing to create a preset for you specifically if you'd pay them.

Best of luck finding what you're looking for, whichever road you try.

Last edited:
Wow, thank you so much for this comprehensive reply. And thanks to all the previous folks who responded too. Super helpful, and I’ll follow up on all these suggestions. Really appreciate it.

Hey. I didn't find that snarky at all (everyone on this forum is so nice). Thank you for the input. I'll check these out. Honestly, I was thinking that, with all the firmware updates, I'd want recent presets . . .

Thank you for this response.
I might get roasted for this response as well but personally I think most of my presets just keep sounding better as the firmware evolves. Most of my main presets are pretty old in their origination at this point. I have had to do some minor tweaking along the way but maybe my ears just aren't as refined as others. I am usually just pleasantly surprised by the enhancements as time goes on. So don't be afraid to take a listen to what might feel like an old preset.

Did anybody notice OP wanted Americana?
Yes, but the following would suggest a willingness to explore a wider field.
low-gain, mid-gain kind of stuff.
"Kind of stuff" is non-specific no?
Has anyone out there recently made any interesting preset packs over the last year or so that you guys think are worth checking out?
Any interesting preset packs that you guys think are worth checking out is also non-specific IMHO.

The OP also seems to be happy with the input, even if you aren't.

Wow, thank you so much for this comprehensive reply. And thanks to all the previous folks who responded too. Super helpful, and I’ll follow up on all these suggestions. Really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Hey everyone.

I thought I should note that, in checking out a recommendation above for @Jon Kaneshiro's work, I bought his recent Two Rock Traditional Clean Tone Match pack. https://www.jonkaneshiroguitar.com/collections/fractal-presets.

I can't say enough how good these are. He just provides the basic, core tones - just an amp block and cab block, no frills. But man are these tones nice. They sound fabulous. It really highlights the power of this Tone Match thing, which I really hadn't thought much about until trying Jon's tone match pack. He has really captured that huge, bold tone that reminds me so much of the Two Rock Classic Reverb Signature I used to own.

Just thought I should give the guy a shout out, since he's done a great job.

And thank all of you for your recommendations and time.

Back
Top Bottom