New Universal Audio Arrow Thunderbolt3 Audio Interface...

A single processor is a little week to me- although I do have a satellite quad (that i've never actually needed yet)

I like the simplicity but i'm not a mac person...

Also- Every day I think- 'cut down- sell everything get something like this' but then- keep all the excess nonsense

it's almost worth it to me for the Thunderbolt 3 functionality...no adapters to worry about

I just upgraded to Apollo 8P and its still Thunderbolt 1/2 so I have the adapter :( Not too crazy about it.

And @bradlake is right, you can't have too many UAD CPU's :). I've got 9 UAD DSP's in my DAW with 8 more on the way via a promotional Octo Satellite.

upload_2018-1-17_21-26-26.png

I just upgraded to Apollo 8P and its still Thunderbolt 1/2 so I have the adapter :( Not too crazy about it.
When your computer goes to sleep does it cut power to the 8P? Does it send a giant thump to your monitors when the computer wakes up? That sleep behavior with the Focusrite is driving me nuts.

why would you do that?
if you need the computer to sleep
turn off monitors, turn off apollo
then turn off or sleep computer

I have it all running on one remote- the outlets and remote set on amazon is like $20-30

Read the manual to any hardware you own- it probably advises against that

and your power settings should be adjusted so it doesn't put the computer to sleep when you don't want it to

TigerSHARCs have been discontinued.

I choose to take this post as a confirmation that everything else about the parent post was accurate. The processor in this still imaginary device will instead be the new TI chip.

After Axe FX III production is under control, we'll see a unit like this in the sub-$1k space that will bring Fractal's modeling to more people... hopefully.

For the Arrow? Page 249 of its manual.

Indeed, shame on me!

Interestingly, its specs are slightly better than Twin MkII. Both aren’t all that great, though, as far as instrument inputs are concerned. They only quote a-weighted SNR, but, judging by THD+N, they are somewhere in Axe-FX territory. So without S/PDIF, unless you really need those plugins, and not too many of them simultaneously, this wouldn’t be an improvement for an Axe user as far as recording guitar is concerned, IMO.

And there’s barely enough headroom on both for a high output humbuckers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom