New Ultra showing 10.04 in Axe-Edit

hussamd

Power User
Am I interpreting this correctly that I have firmware version 10.04 on my new Ultra, or am I celebrating prematurely?

If it's brand new, I'd bet it is indeed 10.4. When I received mine in April 09, it had a firmware version that wasn't released on the website yet.

I'd be interested to see if there are any new amp sims... double check to see if your last amp sim is the Marsha HBE

Traditionally, such a small increment has been for bug fixes. Maybe it is an interim as 11.00 is taking longer to do than originally planned due to so many amps Cliff has aquired... :). (11 reference=joking - but Cliff does like to pop out them suprises from time to time...)

That said, maybe there is a new parameter or two in 10.04 ... I am sure all will be clear in the next couple of days

Last edited:
Maybe it is an interim as 11.00 is taking longer to do than originally planned due to so many amps Cliff has aquired...
What makes you think Cliff is working on an 11.00 version, that it will have numerous new amp models, and that it is taking longer than originally planned? There's been nothing (at least that I've heard) to substantiate any of this speculation.

I can't tell from going through it myself. Obviously the white noise in the synth block has been adjusted, but I didn't have 10.03 to see how that was before.

Maybe it just me but the thing that bums me out is we have to find out about a firmware update from someone that bought a new unit :cry

Maybe it just me but the thing that bums me out is we have to find out about a firmware update from someone that bought a new unit :cry

Seriously? That's part of the fun. In fact most of the minor firmware updates, mostly bug fixes, over the years have been 'announced' by new buyers noting their firmware versions. Cliff has stated that this next version was simply some smaller bug fixes and nothing more (though don't quote me, or shoot the messenger).

Well we could all be like the 11R users who find out about firmware updates by looking up the price for it. :razz

cool thats interesting. i'm sick of amp sims. there are more than enough. i just want new fx.

I suspect that there will always be a segment of the marketplace that isn't content unless the latest boutique flavor-of-the-month amp is explicitly modeled. But for myself, I'm perfectly fine with the fact that it doesn't, for example, have an amp sim named "JETVILLE"...

Back
Top Bottom