New to the Fractal Family

Fizz

Inspired
I just got my FM3 yesterday and it is amazing. I've owned a Kemper in the past and now I own a Headrush Pedalboard, AA6 and Helix Stomp/Native along with some rack gear. I'm selling it all including my tube amps. The FM3 blows them all away IMO and I haven't heard anything but the presets on the Fractal. The FM3 has also taken away my tube amp GAS even though I haven't played it through my power amp and guitar cabs yet. I should have gotten something from Fractal a long time ago and saved myself a lot of time and money. I'd probably be a better guitarist as well having not spent too much time chasing tone.

I'm looking forward to learning this modeler inside and out.

I think I'm going to upgrade my headphones and monitors. I've seen a lot of discussion here so I have an idea which way to go but are there certain models that are best for 80s hard rock and metal or are the good ones good for all types of music? I have a pair of Samson headphones that really make Marshall style amps sound better than any cheaper headphone I've used but they seem to be a bit muddy now that I have a better ear for tone.

I just got my FM3 yesterday and it is amazing. I've owned a Kemper in the past and now I own a Headrush Pedalboard, AA6 and Helix Stomp/Native along with some rack gear. I'm selling it all including my tube amps. The FM3 blows them all away IMO and I haven't heard anything but the presets on the Fractal. The FM3 has also taken away my tube amp GAS even though I haven't played it through my power amp and guitar cabs yet. I should have gotten something from Fractal a long time ago and saved myself a lot of time and money. I'd probably be a better guitarist as well having not spent too much time chasing tone.

I think I'm going to upgrade my headphones and monitors. I've seen a lot of discussion here so I have an idea which way to go but are there certain models that are best for 80s hard rock and metal or are the good ones good for all types of music? I have a pair of Samson headphones that really make Marshall style amps sound better than any cheaper headphone I've used but they seem to be a bit muddy now that I have a better ear for tone.
Welcome. I got into Fractal with the Axe FX2 back in 2014 and have been hooked ever since. I bought the AX8 when it came out as well as the Axe3. Leon Todd (2112) is a great resource for all things Fractal. I suggest looking up some of his youtube videos.

I play in an 80's arena rock cover band. I dont use headphones but I have a pair of Yamaha HS8s. They sound great for the 80s stuff and other types as well.

Welcome to the forum!

There are tons of threads on headphones and monitors, just do a search and be prepared to read. There’s a lot, and it is likely someone here has tried whatever you’re considering, so feel free to ask for opinions on specific products.

welcome Fizz,
Amazing gear isn’t it - When it comes to monitors, approach it like you’re buying something that will be your reference for everything musical for a long time into the future. Monitor prices are like guitar modeler prices - ie, it hurts initially, but if you get the right ones, you won’t need to revisit that purchase for a long long time. Spend as much as you dare ;-)

thanks
Pauly

Back
Top Bottom