New To The forum..A Quick Pro Tools Question!

tfodor

Inspired
Hey Everyone!

I've been lurking this forum for about a year now, and just made the plunge to get an Axe FX II. I'm a bit confused about the I/O in Pro Tools.

Right now I'm using my axe through my monitors on output 1. However, this controls my output of my speakers as well as the output of my guitar. I want to be able to change the output of my guitar without having to crack my mix in Pro Tools. I'm sure this is an easy fix, but the I/O stuff is a bit confusing to me in the Axe, and Pro Tools is by no means a fun piece of software...

Thanks in Advance! You guys all rock by the way...Especially you, Cliff!

Travis

Hey Everyone!

I've been lurking this forum for about a year now, and just made the plunge to get an Axe FX II. I'm a bit confused about the I/O in Pro Tools.

Right now I'm using my axe through my monitors on output 1. However, this controls my output of my speakers as well as the output of my guitar. I want to be able to change the output of my guitar without having to crack my mix in Pro Tools. I'm sure this is an easy fix, but the I/O stuff is a bit confusing to me in the Axe, and Pro Tools is by no means a fun piece of software...

Thanks in Advance! You guys all rock by the way...Especially you, Cliff!

Travis

I do this too. 2 ways to work around this.

1) Lower the output level in the patch (somewhere where it doesn't affect the gain structure, i.e. not before any distortion/compression/anything sensitive to input levels). It’s the digital realm, so jacking up the signal can be done in Pro Tools without signal degradation. This lets you keep the benefit of low latency monitoring.
2) Don’t send anything to output 1. Throw in an FX send and divert the USB audio to Output 2. Then you can control the monitor levels within Pro Tools. The downside of this if you lose low latency monitoring.

I use a separate interface just for audio monitoring and i use PT to monitor the audio of the axe but i use Aggregated device meaning both interfaces used under one setting (or something like that).

Hey Guys,

Thanks a lot. I ended up running my saffire for my monitors and the Axe just for guitar.

Thanks a lot!

Back
Top Bottom