New to Racks and need some guidance.

A

Artoo

Hi Guys,

I have searched the forum but I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for...

I really need a racks 101 as I have been a low tech kind of guy up till now.

I have an Axe FX Ultra, an SLA2 and and an MFC-101 all sat here in my office with all the leads so I am getting quite excited to get it up and running.

Lame questions are;-
Should I have some kind of washers on the rack nuts to stop the axe getting 'rack rash'
The SLA2 seems pretty heavy for 4 screws on the front but seems to have some slots on the back. do I need a certain type of case for this?
do I need a certain depth of case?
what is fastest land animal?
etc
etc

Thanks in advance.

I would get at least a 4 space rack case.
Put the SLA2 in the bottom slot. Put the Axe at the top....leaving one empty space in between the two units.
The SLA2 can get warm/hot...so the space between the units will help with cooling.
You don't "need" washers...but if you buy a pack of rack screws, a lot of them come with plastic washers included. I always use them as a best practice to keep my gear from getting scratched.

Oh, and.....Cheetah.

1) I use rubber washers. Less than $1 for 4 of them at the hardware store. They prevent scratching, look delightful and give my rig that "tube warmth".
2) What BBN said.
3) Me for the first 10 steps if someone tries to steal my Axe-FX. After that, probably the cheetah.

1) I use rubber washers. Less than $1 for 4 of them at the hardware store. They prevent scratching, look delightful and give my rig that "tube warmth".
2) What BBN said.
3) Me for the first 10 steps if someone tries to steal my Axe-FX. After that, probably the cheetah.

Ha to all of this. I've been looking for that "Tube Warmth" and hadn't heard your technique before. Hopefully it stays under the weather, since if too many people find this, they'll raise the price!!!

This seems like a nice place to hang out. Hopefully I will be able to contribute soon rather than just take, take, take.
Thanks guys.

geeky is good, how did you do that mate? Is it just stuck on round the edge?

Hi Guys,

I have searched the forum but I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for...

I really need a racks 101 as I have been a low tech kind of guy up till now.

I have an Axe FX Ultra, an SLA2 and and an MFC-101 all sat here in my office with all the leads so I am getting quite excited to get it up and running.

Lame questions are;-
Should I have some kind of washers on the rack nuts to stop the axe getting 'rack rash'
The SLA2 seems pretty heavy for 4 screws on the front but seems to have some slots on the back. do I need a certain type of case for this?
do I need a certain depth of case?
what is fastest land animal?
etc
etc

Thanks in advance.

I have a 4 space LM case that is bassically new I would like to part with. Get a hold of me if you are interested. It would be perfect for your setup.

I use an SKB shallow 4-space rack. It *barely* fits the Axe and I had to actually shave some off so it would fit (the SKB cases don't come with full access to the back). It's literally the same depth as the Axe. But I love it, it's light and very shallow. Only one lid on the front but I like it that way, less hassle.

Cheetah.

Yes use washers to prevent rack rash. Any kind that fits will do, my favorite is the rubber ones.

Back
Top Bottom