new to oh & cab lab 3

edo

Power User
Vendor
I've just installed cab lab 3 and bought a pack from ownhammer. I've read the instruction to convert the wav2ir (or wav2sysex), but in the oh folder there are lots of subfolders such as 44, 48, 96 etc, what does the sample rate mean? I mean, the higher the better? What should I use???

Thanks

I just download the link for fractal and don't have sub-folder 44, 48, 96 etc.
Maybe you should download only for fractal product.

I've just installed cab lab 3 and bought a pack from ownhammer. I've read the instruction to convert the wav2ir (or wav2sysex), but in the oh folder there are lots of subfolders such as 44, 48, 96 etc, what does the sample rate mean? I mean, the higher the better? What should I use???

Thanks

Reactions: edo
Yeah, that's what I meant, there are several download folders and wasn't sure if the fractal folder was all I needed! So those are the only ones I have to download / use, correct?

The Fractal folder is the easiest and most intuitive to use, but the 48KHz, 24 bit wav samples can be converted to ultra res files syx files with Cab Lab 3's conversion tool. I am happy that the question is asked, because I own pot loads of IRs and really want to know how to extract the most use out of these and have the option to use the absolute highest resolution cab ir possible for my presets. I am in the same place as the OP on this issue. The 96 Khz/ 24 bit wav files would seem to be the highest res files, but does Cab Lab automatically truncate the millisecond length to match the Axe Fx specifications? is 170ms the max length for the Axe Fx? Can the Axe Fx accomodate the 96/24 samples?

The 96 Khz/ 24 bit wav files would seem to be the highest res files, but does Cab Lab automatically truncate the millisecond length to match the Axe Fx specifications? is 170ms the max length for the Axe Fx? Can the Axe Fx accomodate the 96/24 samples?

I too am new to CabLab3 but, as far as I've been able to tell, the Truncated-Mono-96kHz WAVs have been loading and processing just fine in my IR mixes. My assumption was that these were the best choice for AxeFx/CabLab in terms format and quality.

If I'm doing this wrong, I'd like to learn about it ASAP. Playing is much more fun than tinkering with IR mixes! :)

You'll find that when it is exported to an Axe format file, it's downsampled to 48k so I doubt you are gaining anything by mixing off the 96k files vs the 48k files in the Fractal folder.

I also just bought a pack from OwnHammer & I downloaded cab lab 3 lite to try out first.
Unless I have Min Phase checked, the Ir's sound out of phase if I try and use stereo cab. If use them mono they sound the same. Does anyone now if that is correct?

Attachments

• Convert WAV IRs to Axe-FX II Sysex IRs.png
    Convert WAV IRs to Axe-FX II Sysex IRs.png
    124 KB · Views: 19
They should be fine in stereo with any other IR from the same pack. To play nice with other IRs from different packs you'd need mpt. I mpt everything.

Back
Top Bottom