New to FRFR... Lead me to advice in tweaking cabinet page.

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Need tips on switching from power amp and real cabinet to FRFR world. Trying to get rid of fizzy-ness and nasal-ness on patches seems to be main issue running across.

Using an EV zlx 12p for monitoring because that's what we use for mains and thought it would be best to use same so they mirror my efforts.

The new Dynamic Character Parameter settings like Cliff mentioned in the 19.01 Beta release notes might be a good starting point - and the De-Phase in the cab block (try settings around 4 to 6) ...

Dephase is good, and definitely use the Lo and Hi Cut controls in the Cab block.

Some people swear by the Proximity feature too for adding a little "thump" in FRFR. But in short: FRFR allows through a lot of information that a traditional cab didn't, so you need to EQ them out like the trad cab would. Use the Lo and Hi Cut, and give the mids a hefty push before the output.

Run the high cut down to 6-7k, this helps at volume IMHO. I have a k12 i set it's settings to flat, and i stand mine up. Experiment with the placement. I prefer the sound of it upright vs used as a wedge.

We run K12's as mains and I have a CLR and I feel like they both sound good.

I"l have to say I did purchase some of the new packs from the cab factory via Andy. The bronze presets are killer. They sound freaking great through K12's. So 30 bux and you're off and running.

I do use the Lo and HI cut in the cab blocks. Some people go as high as 150 on the low and around 6000 on the high. You can't miss by going 100 and 7000 though. I played through a pod this weekend and I really felt the excessive digital highs and lows. If they had a similar page as "our" cab block, that would have been the first place I would have tried to tame those issues.

Tyler G has this mid bump PEQ he puts at the end of his chain that I"m currently using. It does help IMO. I cant' remember the settings but Yek had a post a while back that talks about tweaking with FRFR. Its in his post, i'm sure you can do a search and find it.

I try to have the speakers on stands when i'm dialing in tones so it will mimic what the audience will hear.

I run my CLR off of output two and tweak the global EQ for out 2 to compensate for it being on the floor. Sometimes it's too bassy. I usually drop the gain as well to about minus 4 or 5 db there.

We run K12's as mains and I have a CLR and I feel like they both sound good.

I"l have to say I did purchase some of the new packs from the cab factory via Andy. The bronze presets are killer. They sound freaking great through K12's. So 30 bux and you're off and running.

I do use the Lo and HI cut in the cab blocks. Some people go as high as 150 on the low and around 6000 on the high. You can't miss by going 100 and 7000 though. I played through a pod this weekend and I really felt the excessive digital highs and lows. If they had a similar page as "our" cab block, that would have been the first place I would have tried to tame those issues.

Tyler G has this mid bump PEQ he puts at the end of his chain that I"m currently using. It does help IMO. I cant' remember the settings but Yek had a post a while back that talks about tweaking with FRFR. Its in his post, i'm sure you can do a search and find it.

I try to have the speakers on stands when i'm dialing in tones so it will mimic what the audience will hear.

I run my CLR off of output two and tweak the global EQ for out 2 to compensate for it being on the floor. Sometimes it's too bassy. I usually drop the gain as well to about minus 4 or 5 db there.

I found I didn't need to EQ my CLR and set it up as a wedge in front of me, with the eq switch in the back set to Tilt. I leave the Sub filter off. Where are you in Alabama? Montgomery here.

I found I didn't need to EQ my CLR and set it up as a wedge in front of me, with the eq switch in the back set to Tilt. I leave the Sub filter off. Where are you in Alabama? Montgomery here.

Hey man cool on the CLR. I used to run a k12 as a monitor and i think it used the global eq in out 2 to dial that for certain stages. I'll double check my settings on the CLR though....thanks

I"m up in Anniston. Halfway between bham and ATL. There aren't many fractal guys around here though!!!

Back
Top Bottom