New to digital, will the Axe FX be able to replace my Two-Rock boutique amp ?

Buy the Axe-II and see if you like it. The problem is you will need way more than the 15 day return period to really have a clue.

You will need at least a couple dedicated months with the unit, and if you decide to sell it you will not take too much of a loss(if you buy it with coupon)

What loss people a flipping IIs for a profit.

That's why a went back to a tube amp. I was just tired of chasing and tweaking. Life is so much simpler now plug in and play and have the axe replace my pedal board. So happy with my sound now so I really get town to playing not tweaking.

I had the Axe-Fx Ultra and I loved the versatility and the tones that I got Live using FRFR into the house system. Got lots of compliments on my tone in a full band setting. However, at home or for critical recording, I just couldn't get the same sound as my Two Rock, even though it was close! I sold the Ultra and kept my Two Rock. However, now I am getting an Axe Fx2 to use with the 4 cable method to replace my pedalboard. Might even use an amp block to run an simulated amp parallel to my Two Rock preamp (which has a fully tube buffered dumbleator). Now I plan to have the Axe-Fx 2 both before the amp for compression, drive, wah etc and in the Two Rock's FX loop for reverb, delay, chorus, etc.

With that setup I get all the versatility of the AxeFx2 and the tone of a Two Rock and I have the most extensive and tweakable pedalboard ever at my feet using the MFC-101, with shorter cable runs I might add, because I have ordered a 2U tolex headshell for the axe-fx2 to go right under my Two-Rock headshell

So, I don't know if the Axe-Fx 2 can replace a Two Rock (which I don't expect it to) but I do know an Ultra can't. And I had some high end FRFR speakers with that. Later a bought a stereo Tube Power amp with a really good set of cabs with scumback speakers for the ultra and still it wasn't quite there. I still have the cabs and the scumbacks to use with my Two Rock though

Hope this helps

I had the Axe-Fx Ultra and I loved the versatility and the tones that I got Live using FRFR into the house system. Got lots of compliments on my tone in a full band setting. However, at home or for critical recording, I just couldn't get the same sound as my Two Rock, even though it was close! I sold the Ultra and kept my Two Rock. However, now I am getting an Axe Fx2 to use with the 4 cable method to replace my pedalboard. Might even use an amp block to run an simulated amp parallel to my Two Rock preamp (which has a fully tube buffered dumbleator). Now I plan to have the Axe-Fx 2 both before the amp for compression, drive, wah etc and in the Two Rock's FX loop for reverb, delay, chorus, etc.

With that setup I get all the versatility of the AxeFx2 and the tone of a Two Rock and I have the most extensive and tweakable pedalboard ever at my feet using the MFC-101, with shorter cable runs I might add, because I have ordered a 2U tolex headshell for the axe-fx2 to go right under my Two-Rock headshell

So, I don't know if the Axe-Fx 2 can replace a Two Rock (which I don't expect it to) but I do know an Ultra can't. And I had some high end FRFR speakers with that. Later a bought a stereo Tube Power amp with a really good set of cabs with scumback speakers for the ultra and still it wasn't quite there. I still have the cabs and the scumbacks to use with my Two Rock though

Hope this helps
That's what I'm doing with the axe and my red plate amp. Just love the combination!

Back
Top Bottom