New to Ax8

Dino334

Inspired
Been an Fx2XL user for many years, got the invite for the 3, opted not to get it quite yet until the new floorboards/remotes are released, and got an ax8 coming instead. I already know how it’s going to sound, react, etc....but for some reason I am really excited to get this. Almost went the Kemper route for something new, but I’m trying to make my rig and load a little more compact for the quick shows rather than the same. Then almost went the helix route for something new and different, but just can’t give in to anything else but the great tones I get from my fractal. Long post...sorry...but I’m hoping the ax8 doesn’t disappoint me as I’m coming from their former flag ship model.

You won't be disappointed with the sound...just keep in mind it's designed for live use.
I've been using an AX8 on a pedal board w/2 controller pedals into a CLR.
5 minute setup/tear down, sound guys love it and it always sounds the same from gig to gig...glorious.

AX8 is great. I also have a II, but I keep that at home. The AX8 is the only thing I play live through.

The portability and flexibility of the AX8 for live gigs is great. Quick setup...Plug and play.

Rock on!!!

I have a perfect rig and the AX8 sounds better and is really easier to use than all my other stuff , once you finish the learning curve that is

Ok..got it today, plugged it in, used frac tool to convert my go to patch form the XL to the ax8,....sounds amazing! Even tho the settings from xl to x8 match each other to a T, the ax8 sounds a little different (almost better)...likes there’s a little more presence or brightness to the patch. Kinda stinks there’s only one amp per preset, but the switching between presets is also better than on the xl. Bottom line, fresh unit and thank God for axe edit. The menu system on the ax8 is a whole new animal to learn.

I play out regularly. I am a die-hard AX8 user. GREAT gigging tool. Super-portable, great IO configuration, flexible use options, great fractal sound... what's not to like?

I have to say, after spending a couple of days with this and wondering why I didn’t get it when it first came out, I’m thinking my XL and floorboard with tags is going on the open market soon. I am beyond impressed with the ax8. The portability alone is an upgrade. No more rack to lug around. Already ported my patches over to it. Now just have to wait for my new tags, exp pedals, & road case and my trusty old friend XL is eBay bound! I’m thinking $1500 plus shipping for it all if you know of anyone who’s interested in a week or so.

Also new to the AX8, but via Kemper first, then Helix. This is my first Fractal. I'm also very impressed, and wish I'd started with the AX8 (but it didn't exist when I started with modeling)! Thought about the II or waiting for the III, but glad I didn't. All in one floor box with great sounding amps and effects for $1100 turns out to be a no-brainer. First gig with it yesterday, and it sounded great. Even put my acoustic through it, with fine results. Kemper's long gone, I think the Helix is gone next. I'm pretty sure no one on the Fractal forum wants to buy my Helix, though...

Also new to the AX8, but via Kemper first, then Helix. This is my first Fractal. I'm also very impressed, and wish I'd started with the AX8 (but it didn't exist when I started with modeling)! Thought about the II or waiting for the III, but glad I didn't. All in one floor box with great sounding amps and effects for $1100 turns out to be a no-brainer. First gig with it yesterday, and it sounded great. Even put my acoustic through it, with fine results. Kemper's long gone, I think the Helix is gone next. I'm pretty sure no one on the Fractal forum wants to buy my Helix, though...
Welcome C.D. ...lots of us Chicagoans on the FAS bus now, we should have a Fractal wing ding of some kind someday..I made an attempt at it couple of years ago when I brought Dweezil Zappa and his rockin combo to the GENESEE in Waukegan, but I couldn’t pull it off as real life got in the way. ....anyhoo..If you play out a lot we are always interested in seeing local fRactal -using) talent (and I am a partner in a venue on the harbor in wAukegan), let us know here on the forum or shoot me a PM.....and no I don’t wanna buy your old Kemper and helix (I kept mine , as I am a gear hoarder...):cool:

All right! Chicago Fractal Orchestra in the works. Will keep in touch, and put Waukegan on the itinerary if we head up north this summer.

Back
Top Bottom